cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Splendid Video installer failing in ROG G752 VM

Delosari
Level 7
I just did a clean OS install for my ROG G752VM and I am having issues with the ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology installer.

For this laptop there are are two versions on the official support website: V3.19.0003 and V3.15.0003. The former gets stuck half way once a black window appears with the message "Success! Task succesfully registered". In the latter the same window appears but without any message.

In both cases once I close the window I get a message warning of a problem with the windows installer package since a program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected and the installation fails.

Any suggestion on how to make it run?
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
Install as Administrator.

Splendid is one of the programs that seems to get wiped out with the W10 feature updates (at least did for me, twice). All the Asus utilities that I had to re-install on G752VT and G752VY after W10 feature updates did re-install correctly, but each had to be installed as Administrator in order be successful. I also used the official ones from the Asus support page.

If you already have it installed as Administrator, choose to Run as Administrator for all users of the laptop. It's in the properties of the shortcut.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Install as Administrator.

Splendid is one of the programs that seems to get wiped out with the W10 feature updates (at least did for me, twice). All the Asus utilities that I had to re-install on G752VT and G752VY after W10 feature updates did re-install correctly, but each had to be installed as Administrator in order be successful. I also used the official ones from the Asus support page.

If you already have it installed as Administrator, choose to Run as Administrator for all users of the laptop. It's in the properties of the shortcut.

Thank you Davemon for your reply.

I tried to install it as an administrator but I ran into the same issue... (right click -> Run as administrator... maybe you meant a more fancy administrator installation?)

I also tried the installers from the asus G752VT and G752VY but I also got stuck on those black screens.

I also rolled back to the nvidia driver on the support page but I got stuck at the same point.

Finally I called the asus support number in my country. They are worse than useless (suggesting to stay without internet to avoid windows updates...) but they pointed out that there is a splendid version on the windows store. That one gets installed but all the display set-ups are greyed out and this message is written on the splendid window: "Splendid does not support the current screen settings".

What would you do?