cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead GL704GW After 8 Months

Cambo84
Level 7
My GL704GW has died after 8 months, anyone else has problems with these aswell?
sent back for rma but parts not easy available
1 REPLY 1

PadreousMaximus
Level 7
mine had ONE hot pixel.. they wanted me to send the unit in, and have an entire Secondhand or as they call it "refurbished" unit sent in return.
I aked ot sepak to the technicisans BEFORE sending the unit so there is an understanding of my concerns.. I was advised that id be contacted by the techs AFTER i send them the unit..
Thats ridiculous..
Id rather KNOW wtf the situation is, while the unit is stil under warranty, and make an informed decision without wastign time on shipping something out for repairs only to be told theyre going to use S/H parts...
And if i decide to take them to CTTT to dispute this actual illegality of sales practices, then THEY still have my hardware ...
Id rather go in with a quote full of info, and have a document providing their intent, and how using S/H parts on NEW equipment is actually illegal...

I refuesed to send mine in just yet.. There is nothing to PROVE to me that NEW parts were used on my new system... unless they take pic of the part and show me the invoice and requisition and batch number of the part which i can then verify that it was in fact new....

If I bought a SH unit, Id expect refurb parts... btu I didnt, i bought a NEW unit, so new parts shoudl be used...
I am NOT comfortable with buying a BRAND NEW unit and having it replaced with a S/H model that someone already thrashed to a degree where theyve had to send it back for repairs...

I paid for a brand new laptop, so it should either be replaced with a brand new unit, OR only have the defective part replaced...
NOT do an Apple and take your NEW gear and swap it with some /H piece of **** thats been sitin in dust and humidity and whatever else its contaminated with...

If i bought a brand new car and a component failed, I would expect brand new parts used as replacement, as would the law...
Not only is it inconvenient and potentially income affecting, but its also a second hand part which is obviously cheaper than the new part... in turn, they make extra profit for recycling parts at the cost of your time and energy and quality and longevity of your NEW purchase, potentially compromising other components... That and you dont know whether or not the battery has been cycled correectly prior to being used on the regular and you also unaware of the state of the SSD , which can be easily wiped and reset, even though if may have done over 500k write cycles... becuase they DEMAND you include everything you got when you bought it, meaning, remove any upgrades like ram, inclued the SSD and whatnot...

It LOOKS as though Asus are doing an apple when it comes to repairs... Im not impressed with their "policy"

If your unit is dead, send it back.. Unless youve overclocked it and you KNOW your binning method is to your satisfaction, then youre also risking recieving an inferior chipset...

Like I said, Im not impressed and Im questioning the legalities of their process...