Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by restsugavan View Post
    Easiest way for that go back to your original prefer BIOS version.
    Yes, I know, I just want to know if there are other ways, or if a later BIOS will handle this problem

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    342

    @Corna

    3006 is a good bios for memory overclock and stability, better than previous bios's in Omega's case.

    I have just seen the pics u uploaded and the first I need to comment is that I can't see the right part of the bios in which the bios itself is showing which are the current applied clocks. U can take pics from the bios itself with f12 and record them in a pendrive to later upload them here.

    From those pics I can see your xmp shows 2666 cl19, but u have selected 3800 in dram frequency. It would be nice to know which modules are u using in this board. Seems they are 2666.

    And last but not least, your vccio and system agent voltages are way way too high. For a frequency of 3800 0.900 for system agent and 1.05v for vccio should be enough, specially if the modules are built to run at 2666 in XMP and u finally run at 2666. More is not always better, vccio and system agent need to be setup properly. Besides, U shouldn`t use XMP and select a different memory frequency manually, that's a nonsense. If u want to overclock above your XMP, u should use the manual oc option.

    Summing up, your current setup is causing bad performance because u are not doing a proper OC. Not bios fault...


    @Restsugavan

    I have an Omega and tried every single bios. Best bios for all the installabe cpu's (skylake-x or cascade lake-x) is 3006, mainly because it solved some memory stability problems.

    Omega and some other Asus boards like to be manual setup. U can obtain a better performance tweaking the bios, but u need to know some principles to get the job done.

    This guy is not configuring the bios accordingly, that's why he is not getting good results. This is not a matter of bios.
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 06-08-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    @Corna

    3006 is a good bios for memory overclock and stability, better than previous bios's in Omega's case.

    I have just seen the pics u uploaded and the first I need to comment is that I can't see the right part of the bios in which the bios itself is showing which are the current applied clocks. U can take pics from the bios itself with f12 and record them in a pendrive to later upload them here.

    From those pics I can see your xmp shows 2666 cl19, but u have selected 3800 in dram frequency. It would be nice to know which modules are u using in this board. Seems they are 2666.

    And last but not least, your vccio and system agent voltages are way way too high. For a frequency of 3800 0.900 for system agent and 1.05v for vccio should be enough, specially if the modules are built to run at 2666 in XMP and u finally run at 2666. More is not always better, vccio and system agent need to be setup properly. U shouldn`t use XMP and select a different frequency manually, that's a nonsense. If u want to overclock above your XMP, u should use the manual oc option.

    Summing up, your current setup is causing bad performance because u are not doing a proper OC. Not bios fault...
    I don't think so. XMP can also be overclocked, so why wouldn't the same Settings on 0802 cause performance degradation

  4. #24
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    342

    @Corna

    U don't think so???

    Well, if u don't want to listen, ain't waste time.

    But don't complain in the forums, u are doing badly.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

  5. #25
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array restsugavan PC Specs
    restsugavan PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 3403 MOD
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)64GB GSKILL 3.2 GHz 16-16-18-36 2T
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG POSEIDON 1080Ti
    MonitorSAMSUNG ODESSEY G9 49 Firmware 1010.2
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB x 3
    Storage #2WD 4TB External HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN 62
    CaseCorsair Carbine 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Microsoft
    Mouse Microsoft
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Sony
    OS Windows 10 2021 Insider Preview 21382.1
    Network RouterD-LINK
    restsugavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    86
    Posts
    648

    @Restsugavan

    I have an Omega and tried every single bios. Best bios for all the installabe cpu's (skylake-x or cascade lake-x) is 3006, mainly because it solved some memory stability problems.

    Omega and some other Asus boards like to be manual setup. U can obtain a better performance tweaking the bios, but u need to know some principles to get the job done.

    This guy is not configuring the bios accordingly, that's why he is not getting good results. This is not a matter of bios.
    Thank you for your kindness advices mate. I working for Intel and Microsoft testing Windows new build performance
    under normal condition (as the rig could they'd specially allow XMP profile setup by everything must be default)..

    Personally , the overclock ability of my 7980XE was the same as many friend here around forums (4.6-4.8GHz).
    I'd many good profiles from the friend including your setup when gaming and off office time.

    @Corna I think you must trying the old BIOS that your prefer again with Windows 10 May 2020 update. The result of testing may change due
    Windows OS change. Maybe you'll love 3006 or 3006 modded BIOS later.
    Last edited by restsugavan; 06-09-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    Core i9 7980XE+R6E 3403 BIOS+Intel 02006B06 MCU 2021-03-08+VROC 7.5.0.1150+RST 18.35.0.4635+ME FW 11.12.86.1877 DV 2108.100.0.1053+64GB DDR4 3200+POSEIDON 1080i GTX+NVIDIA Driver 470.25 WHQL+3TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS + OMS Driver 18.32.0.1006 WHQL+Windows 10 Build 21382.1+i219 V OROM 0.1.00+BA 0.1.16+12.19.1.37 WHQL AQC 107n FW 3.1.121 + AQC 2.2.3.0 WHQL+CAM 4.23.0+Realtek HD 6.0.9136.1 WHQL+SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G9 49 FW 1010.2 HDR1400 Certified

  6. #26
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    342

    U can try 100 different bios's, but if u use XMP at the same time u increase memory frequency manually, or increase system agent and vccio too much, your system is calling up for problems.

    XMP=xtreme memory profile is a recorded profile in memory modules that has been tested by manufacturer in several motherboards and brands (usuallly) at specific frequency and timings. Its purpose is to allow an automatic overclock, so it is thought to have it untouched. If u start to change critical values like frequency u`ll probably have issues. That's why Asus and other brands have an XMP option and a manual OC option. Every option has its path.

    We can't forget either that memory modules have their importance, Samsung B-Die are the best choice to achieve a good, stable OC in this platform.
    Last edited by vmanuelgm; 06-09-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

  7. #27
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    U can try 100 different bios's, but if u use XMP at the same time u increase memory frequency manually, or increase system agent and vccio too much, your system is calling up for problems.

    XMP=xtreme memory profile is a recorded profile in memory modules that has been tested by manufacturer in several motherboards and brands (usuallly) at specific frequency and timings. Its purpose is to allow an automatic overclock, so it is thought to have it untouched. If u start to change critical values like frequency u`ll probably have issues. That's why Asus and other brands have an XMP option and a manual OC option. Every option has its path.

    We can't forget either that memory modules have their importance, Samsung B-Die are the best choice to achieve a good, stable OC in this platform.
    Are you saying that if you select XMP mode and manually increase the memory frequency, memory performance will degrade? I'm really curious why this didn't happen with previous BIOS versions, but why does it happen with 3006
    Last edited by Corna; 06-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.

  8. #28
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    342

    I am saying it is a nonsense to mix XMP and manual frequency. That's not the way XMP is built.

    Curiously, your pics don't show right part of bios, so we don't know which is the frequency really applied.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

  9. #29
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    I am saying it is a nonsense to mix XMP and manual frequency. That's not the way XMP is built.

    Curiously, your pics don't show right part of bios, so we don't know which is the frequency really applied.
    I've updated the BIOS photo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •