Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X470 will not boot into BIOS

FloridaPanthers
Level 7
Without considerable difficulty.
BIOS 5007

I have FAST BOOT DIS abled

Still, it bypasses BIOS and goes directly into Windows10 never showing the ROG Logo or options (F2 / DEL) to go into BIOS settings

Sometimes if I reboot it enough times it will randomly eventually go into BIOS

Is the board defective?
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
In the BIOS boot menu, do you have "Boot Configuration" set up to do it? Needs to be either Auto or Full Screen. Once it is set to that, you can choose to add a POST DELAY. Do that, for 3 to 5 seconds, and it should show up. If not, maybe your logo file is missing or corrupt.

To change or update the logo file I think you have to use the EZ Update utility, which should've been on your installation drive when you bought the board (or might be available in AI Suite III if you have that installed). I don't have your board so not sure how they delivered it to you.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
In the BIOS boot menu, do you have "Boot Configuration" set up to do it? Needs to be either Auto or Full Screen. Once it is set to that, you can choose to add a POST DELAY. Do that, for 3 to 5 seconds, and it should show up. If not, maybe your logo file is missing or corrupt.

To change or update the logo file I think you have to use the EZ Update utility, which should've been on your installation drive when you bought the board (or might be available in AI Suite III if you have that installed). I don't have your board so not sure how they delivered it to you.

Thanks John,
I did adjust the POST DELAY to 5 seconds previously. It didn't help. The Logo shows up IF I reboot about 5 - 10 times eventually I get the option to get into BIOS and the ROG Logo shows up . But should it be that difficult?

Braegnok
Level 14
Some wireless USB keyboards/mice have issues being recognized until the OS starts to load, if your running wireless try a wired or PS/2 keyboard see if that works.

I use a wired keyboard and it works fine, but my wireless mouse is not recognized in BIOS, so I need to switch to a wired mouse to adjust fans in Q-Fan or other settings in BIOS.

Something else you can try that might work is Turn off PC, and pressing/holding F2 or Delete key before turning PC back on, while holding the key down turn on the computer. This might cause the BIOS to see a stuck key condition on the keyboard and may give you a diagnostic screen with instructions on how to enter setup utility.

Braegnok wrote:
Some wireless USB keyboards/mice have issues being recognized until the OS starts to load, if your running wireless try a wired or PS/2 keyboard see if that works.

I use a wired keyboard and it works fine, but my wireless mouse is not recognized in BIOS, so I need to switch to a wired mouse to adjust fans in Q-Fan or other settings in BIOS.

Something else you can try that might work is Turn off PC, and pressing/holding F2 or Delete key before turning PC back on, while holding the key down turn on the computer. This might cause the BIOS to see a stuck key condition on the keyboard and may give you a diagnostic screen with instructions on how to enter setup utility.

Thanks,
I did try pressing F2 and delete a number of different ways and many times. It does not seem to help. No PS2 keyboard. No wireless devices attached.

davemon50
Level 11
Try changing your connection type from your video card to your monitor. The handshake priorities are different. I think DP is the fastest if I recall correctly.
Davemon50