Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance on my 6800k after windows 10 1909 and bios update

wcoffee
Level 7
Hi all,
So here is my current problem.
Until yesterday, my 6800k on a rampage V edition 10 was still doing good with a stable 4.1Mhz overclock.
Then a windows message appeared and i had to update because the older version (1803) was gonna go.
So i did and of course no overclocking what so ever. I contacted Asus and they sent me a link with a new bios update (2101) so that i could get my overclock back.
But since them i get a looooooooot of fps drops randomly like with G-Sync i go from 100 stable to 50 in 1second.
I thought i was a problem with my Strix GTX 1080, i Uninstalled all the drivers with DDU and rolled back a few to see if got any better--- Nothing.
So i dicided to take of my overclock and now on 3.8 Mhz all is good.

Overclocked temps were around 50 while gaming (watercooled)
No Overclock temps around 40 (watercooled)

Can anyone help? Please...

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
Download your BIOS files from the published locations online on the official page.

1803 doesn't exist on the downloads page. Did you mean 1903? I would try 1903 if 2101 doesn't work for you. However, 2101 has been working great for me on that board (including CPU and RAM O/C), but I downloaded the version published on the official page.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Download your BIOS files from the published locations online on the official page.

1803 doesn't exist on the downloads page. Did you mean 1903? I would try 1903 if 2101 doesn't work for you. However, 2101 has been working great for me on that board (including CPU and RAM O/C), but I downloaded the version published on the official page.

i can't remember but it wasn't 1903 because i had the same overclock issue without the bios update so i rolled back to the previous before 1903.
I did that, and it stated "BETA"... can this be the issue?