cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS CROSSHAIR VI Mobo - Hang Up (Post C. 8)

DeReMaR
Level 7
Hi, everyone. I have a strange issue with my mobo. During the work PC can suddenly hang up and turns on black screen. POST Code screen shows 8 at first position of led (NOT 08 or 80, just 8). Dram led blinking with yellow.
2 REPLIES 2

red_mike
Level 7
DeReMaR wrote:
Hi, everyone. I have a strange issue with my mobo. During the work PC can suddenly hang up and turns on black screen. POST Code screen shows 8 at first position of led (NOT 08 or 80, just 8). Dram led blinking with yellow.

i got the same exact issue happening to me. The strange thing is that it only happens when i am on my windows partition. It never seems to happen on my linux partition. Once i get to post code 8, press the power button to force it to shutdown, because it is just looping, it reboots to postcode 4F. I once again have to press the power button to force restart.

q-8 is not video failure .,....i ran stock clocks on my 390 gpu's and still got that q-8 code .....i also ran a 6870 ....1 6870 and got the q-8.....you have to look at the color that is also on when the failure happens ....yellow for ram ....red for cpu...white for gpu's .....and booting on green
"08 is system agent initialization after microcode loading" .......it has nothing to do with the vga(gpu's)

found this on someone else's thread. looks like our problem is memory which sucks because i bought my sticks new during the peak of memory prices.