cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701GWR no output to dual displayport

Gilthanis1
Level 7
I have the GX701GWR and am trying to output the USB-C/Displayport to dual Acer Nitro VG271U Pbmiipx monitors. The monitors are 144Hz 1440p and work beautifully when connected 1 at a time, or I can connect 1 to DP and 1 to HDMI, but I want to run both over DP and utilize G-SYNC (both work just fine when connected individually).

I tried the Cable Matters 4K Triple Display Hub w/ MST (https://tinyurl.com/tb7nzz4) but it will not output over the Video 1 port. Video 2 and HDMI work fine. This happened with my ASUS, and my wife's Dell laptop she uses for work. The same thing happened with 2 of these adapters. I have the Intel GFX chip disabled on my ASUS and am only outputting through the Nvidia card.

Does anyone have a tested and working solution to output to dual Displayport monitors via the USB-C/Displayport port on the Zephyrus GX701 laptop? I tried multiple settings to try and make it to work with duplicating the output to both monitors, but nothing would make Video 1 turn on as tested on 2 laptops. I just want to output to 2 monitors, lol, it shouldn't be this hard.

Thank you in advance for any support you can provide!!
2 REPLIES 2

Gilthanis1
Level 7
Just an update, I tried ASUS customer support.........which was a total waste of time. The 'support' person recommended a docking station which won't even work with the ROG Zephyrus laptops AND didn't even have a DP connection. His second recommendation was the external Thunderbolt 3 graphics card, which, wait for it........was an Nvidia GTX900 series card..... That's worse than the RTX2070 in the laptop........

Sooooo, yes ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Gilthanis1,
If you would like to have 2 external monitor at the same time,
you may connect 1 by HDMI and 1 by Type C(Displayport).
Thank you.