cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING and Optane 900p HHHL AIC

kingsleyccr
Level 7
Apologies in advance if this has been covered in past threads -
I am attempting a new build using a STRIX Z390-E GAMING mobo and an Optane 900p AIC as my C Drive.
I am doing a fresh install of Windows 10, and I am looking for some advice on BIOS settings and drivers, and any known issues I may encounter with this hardware configuration.
My last build was a ROG Maximus IV Extreme and a i7 2600k, before HHHL AIC storage, Optane etc. was a thing.

This build: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, i7 8086k, Corsair Vengeance (1 - 8gb stick for initial build), ASUS Radeon RX 568 4gb Video Card - no other drives for initial build
Thanks in advance-Chuck
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Provided your board supports booting from AIC the most you should have to do is f6 drivers at install and set that PCIE slot to CPU storage. Dont have that board but thats what it took on X299 RVIE. Was a bit more challenging running two of them in VROC.

BigJohnny wrote:
Provided your board supports booting from AIC the most you should have to do is f6 drivers at install and set that PCIE slot to CPU storage. Dont have that board but thats what it took on X299 RVIE. Was a bit more challenging running two of them in VROC.

Thanks BigJohnny, I will check in my BIOS for for these settings. I'm still familiarizing myself with this new BIOS...

kingsleyccr
Level 7
Thanks BigJohnny, I will check in my BIOS for for these settings. I'm still familiarizing myself with this new BIOS...