cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping out my R6E board for the R6E Omega +springclean.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Ok so I waited and faught for nearly a year to get my R6E rma’d during which time I bought a second hand board on eBay just to keep me up and running, this has worked fine.
Finally ASUs UK arranged a replacement but the R6E O, so I was pleased to receive it,
First problem ! My EK monoblock won’t fit, fine so splashed out on the Optimus block (cool)
Next hurdle ? I find myself facing the daunting task of complete strip down, spring clean of what seems to be a thousand fans �� , and dual water loop.
Good job I’m always up for a challenge but sat here looking at this monster I can’t help feeling a little apprehensive ��
Will post a few pics of how it’s all looking as I go. ��
As it is now. ( dust and all)
*84201*
All new drivers downloaded ready, then thought it might be wise to download media creation tool for new windows install whilst at it.*
84202*
7 REPLIES 7

AlexB121
Level 7
Dont take this the wrong way but u should clean that up man......It does not look good at tall u should check ur cable management and choose a different rout for them tubes...Again just opinion

AlexB121 wrote:
Dont take this the wrong way but u should clean that up man......It does not look good at tall u should check ur cable management and choose a different rout for them tubes...Again just opinion

Hey! No problem here Alex, new tubing/ cables on the agenda with rebuild, had this apart changing and adding configuration/components so many times , just about got to the stage of knowing now just how I want it now.
It might not be to everyone’s choice when finished but it will be my pride and joy build without being clinical.
Just got to decide wether to use the Titan v or the rtx2080ti, both have there individual merits for me (gaming and video editing)**邏
 *

AlexB121
Level 7
Dont need to be to nice for everyone its just how u want it clean up the cables routing and tubing and ur good to go

Rob_W_
Level 12
Just an update on the rebuild.
Spring clean, decided to strip it down totally and glad I did! Here’s one of the rads and fans.
84241*
*Not good having rig on the floor when you have a dog.
After shot and new Optimus foundation block installed,
84243*
Re routed some of the water loop which seems better and hats off to EKWB, I checked every fitting as it’s been there for the last year and contrary to comments I keep reading , there was not a sign of corrosion, leakage or gunk so have reused every fitting/ renewed all tubing ( replaced a few of what I consider critical Orings) also I have only used Purified water BP from Ultrap laboratories and no additives.
So the only part of loop not EK is the cpu block.
Filled the system last night / no leaks ( but then I didn’t expect any ha ha ha) now to sort out cables, new ones I ordered have not arrived as expected.
84245**
Cables everywhere at the minute, in the process of re routing the all.
Also learnt to remove PSU before filling loop or working on it. ( having blown up two in the past)
Decided to give the Rtx 2080Ti fe an airing instead of the Titan v as I’ve not used it for about 6 months.*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Just a bit of software tinkering to do but she’s up and running!
Will try and sort cables in top right from aquaero and optical.
Rgb not working on front fans for some reason but minor glitch.
I think it definitely looks better though even though the R6e was a nicer looking board
84249*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

BigJohnny
Level 13
Best pert......Monolock is GONE!!! They look good but perform like well, I wont write it because it will get censored.