cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Encore - PCIe slot spacing for SLI

BlueScreen
Level 7
Rampage VI Extreme Encore - PCIe slot spacing for SLI. What is the spacing for the top 2 PCIe x16 slots. I need to determine which NVLink size to purchase so I can run my cards in SLI. I haven't purchased the motherboard yet so I can't just measure the slots with a ruler. Judging from the photos it look like it will require a 4-slot model but I'd like to confirm.

https://www.evga.com/articles/01267/evga-nv-link/

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

andlaw
Level 10
you will be looking for 3-slot. I just had to purchase one coming from the 4-slot (Rampage V edition 10).

andlaw wrote:
you will be looking for 3-slot. I just had to purchase one coming from the 4-slot (Rampage V edition 10).

Why didn't you use the switch located next to the slots? (2-way / 3-way SLI/CFX). Doe it not work with your cards?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Why didn't you use the switch located next to the slots? (2-way / 3-way SLI/CFX). Doe it not work with your cards?

compare the two boards and you will see why I had to buy a new SLI bridge.....

andlaw wrote:

Thank you for the assistance.

davemon50
Level 11
I did compare the boards. But you didn't answer the question. Instead of a smart answer how about just an answer, I'd like to know. It works fine for me.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I did compare the boards. But you didn't answer the question. Instead of a smart answer how about just an answer, I'd like to know. It works fine for me.

the OP question was answered.. but sure, why not.

I had 3 way SLI.. 2 slots each card. removing the middle card you are left with 2-way sli using 4-slot. After the upgrade, they moved the spacing for more m.2 drives, which is why I needed to order a new SLI bridge for 3-slot spacing.

davemon50
Level 11
Thank you. Your post read as if you were using it on RVE10, not an upgrade. Sorry to bother you for the explanation, thanks nonetheless.
Davemon50