View Poll Results: What do you like? or dont?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • In Favour of keyboard design

6 66.67%
  • In favour of mouse design

3 33.33%
  • in favour of RGB features

3 33.33%
  • against keyboard design

0 0%
  • agaisnt mouse design

1 11.11%
  • against RGB features

6 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Miliano PC Specs
    Miliano PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G74SX
    MotherboardMaximus X formula
    Processori7 8700K
    Memory (part number)32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Strix RTX 2080
    MonitorROG P348Q
    Storage #1950 PRO 1TB M.2
    Storage #2860 EVO 2TB SSD
    CPU CoolerROG Strix LC 240 AIO
    CaseThermalTake Core P3
    Power SupplyROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore / Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius II
    Headset Steel Series Artis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Rog Sheath
    OS WIN 10 PRO
    Network RouterROG Rapture 5300AC

Angry Who's head should i rip off...

WHAT THE FLIPPIN HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE WITH THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM!!!!

Let me tell you, I don't much care for the TRUMP administration, but they did get one thing right, there needs to be "a purge", and it should start with Asus software development team.

I suggest you take the lead designer, or whoever is in charge, out back, put him/her on their knees, and put two in the back of their head. Maybe they will be good fertiliser, because clearly they are not good at their job, and have absolutely no vision when it comes to software design.
    And while you are at it, you should put those monkeys you hired as programmers, on a rocket and send them on a one-way trip to outer space, because they are evidently not fit to operate a keyboard either.

"The Incompetence is strong within this one. Ashamed of themselves, the Dev team must be." -Yoda

I'm sorry, but my name isn't Willy Wonka, so I aint going to sugarcoat sh*t for you! I'm simply saying whats been on everyone's mind for a very long time.

Seriously, with the plethora of bugs and extremely poor design, this is the worse thing to come from Asus. COME ON PEOPLE, YOU ARE ROG BRANDED, you are meant to be of the highest quality from Asus, and we have certainly have paid a premium for said quality. deliver it.

I will note, what Asus does get right is the design language, fabrication and the overall vision of the ROG brand, so hats off to those teams.

The following is a list of glaring issues throughout the softwares, that, for the most part, have been present since day one, and Its appalling to know it was released in such an unacceptable state, and that after all this time, the issues are still present!

1. Multiple Applications. every other developer in the world creates one piece of software to manage all their products, why cant Asus?
    2. Multiple applications for the same action and/or device.
    e.g. 2a. Armoury/Aura sync and Aura creator. IT SHOULD BE ONE PIECE OF SOFTWARE WITH ARMOURY DOING EVERYTHING THAT ARMOURY DOES, AND EVERYTHING AURA CREATOR DOES!
    2b. RGB control for Strix LC 240 AIO is located in both armoury & LiveDash. Seriously?? WTF!!

3. Unable to control/change keyboard or mice macro's, on any device while rgb is synced with Aura WHYYY!?!?!?!
    4. No brightness control for all RGB effects in Armoury/Aura sync, but yet has it in lighting control for 'SOME' individual components.
    5. No brightness control for individual components for all RGB effects in Armoury/Aura sync
    6. No alternating colour option under breathing and strobing effects. should have ability to alternate between any set number of colours in any set order, or at the very least, 2 colours.
    7. As above applies to starry night effect as well
    8. No custom colour palette for 'Rainbow' and 'colour cycle' RGB effects.
    9. No RGB custom colour directional value for rainbow effect, No RGB custom colour alternating directional value either.
    10. No component ordering arrangement for rainbow effect in Armoury. This feature was in the earlier versions of Aura Sync.
    11. No individual component RGB direction for Rainbow effect
    12. No preset or custom colour options for Music effects. people like uniformity, and may want just a select colour or colours, to compliment a particular theme, along with the beat of the music.
    13. No way to adjust RGB headers independently
    14. As for Aura creator, its a step in the right direction so far, it needs to be merged with armoury into one software, and I've discovered it needs an optional ability to arrange devices per Layer, not just for all layers.

All of these are rudimentary and frankly I am beside myself as to why none of these were implemented from the start.

The nightmare one needs to endure to get their $6000 PC back to a working state because Asus software inevitably breaks, and the uninstallers don't actually uninstall anything is simply ridiculous.

And how frigging hard is it to make a TKL keyboard with a detachable/swappable numpad, dedicated media keys, volume wheel, macro keys, "attachable" wrist rest, and ability to swap between wired AND wireless?

If you want to make the worlds best keyboard, you could quite literally take the Claymore design, remove the volume scroll wheel off the numpad, and put it above the ESC key (like the Strix flare), raise its profile so that its height is the same as surrounding keys which will reduce or stop accidental ESC or F Key press.
    Add the other media keys (again,like Strix flare) but with full size key caps instead, to avoid issues listed above, so it can be operated with one hand (the left hand) without needing to hold a damn FN key, whilst either keeping the static white LED's, or ability change colour of these individual keys even when rest of keyboard is synced with Aura, to quickly differentiate them from other keys.
    Actually, this should be possible for all keys, including WASD for example. having the ability to have the WASD keys in static white, while all other keys are synced in Aura to breathing red would be great.
    Then you could add 7 macro keys above F9 through to Pause/break keys to fill in that space, and put 4 more macro's on the detachable numpad in replacement of the scroll wheel.

And WTF is up with ROG Gladius II? You have wired version with sniper button, but wireless without!?!?
    Why cant you just make the current Gladius II mouse with sniper button, make it both wired AND wireless? and for those that don't like the sniper button, they can either disable it through software, or a mechanical switch underneath, or both.
    And while your at it, you can add the following:
    Magnetically detachable and swappable wings for thumb and pinky rests.
    Swappable switches.
    Qi charging, but also include a charging dock for those that don't want a tiny Qi-pad and use the ROG Sheath instead
    Retain the current RGB lighting with the HALO effect.
    Staged DPI adjustment, Configurable of course.
    And some swappable weights if their is any room

and once you have done all that. go ahead and make a MMO version of it, with the only variation is swapping the sniper button with 9 other buttons.
    Primarily, notice how I suggest "adding" features, not "subtracting" features.

Now you have the blueprints for the worlds best gaming mice and keyboard.
    Your welcome.

Its a shame, I had high hopes for ROG ever since my fist ROG device, the G74SX, back in 2012. The software was horrendous back then, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because it was still early days, and I genuinely believed in the ROG vision.

But its now 2020, and sadly the quality of software has not improved in 14 years since its launch, so I'm afraid the next $6000 dollars I will spend for my next PC will not be any Asus ROG components, and being that this product does not work as intended, I will be refunding and giving it to a company that actually looks after its customer post sales.

Git Gud Asus.
    Last edited by Miliano; 03-05-2020 at 11:55 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Zbigniew PC Specs
    Zbigniew PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Alienware 13 R2
    MotherboardAsus Rampage Encore bios 401
    ProcessorI9 7920X @4,7GHz Air
    Memory (part number)Trident Z f4-3200c14q-32gtzr
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix Advanced 1070 Ti
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorAcer Predator XB321HK
    Storage #12x Samsung 970 PCI-EX
    Storage #2Plextor PX-512MB PCI-EX
    CPU CoolerProlimatech Genesis + 2x Corsair ML140RGB
    CaseThermaltake Level 20 ShowCase
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 850W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinium
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    Headset German Maestro 8.35 Mobile
    Mouse Pad FUNC XXL + Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Razer Mako (vintage)
    OS Windows 10 X64Pro
    Network Routerfiberway 120MB / sec (a sucked Huawei)
    Accessory #1 Rum Captain Morgan + Coca-cola wild cherry + ice
    Accessory #2 Knuckle with cabbage
    Accessory #3 Snickers Cake

Very great and accurate column - I'm impressed by the studio shot.
    "The Incompetence is strong within this one. Ashamed of themselves, the Dev team must be.- Yoda"
    I see a lot of work, such a post work writing hard is. Yoda - Bravo!!!
    I will add my one euro cent.
    Asus - in search of incredible / ROG - in search of programmers?
    Many users want to have one producer ecosystem.
    For the past twenty years, Asus has been without a doubt the best motherboard manufacturer with great OC potential and stability.
    It all began with this. He used to compete successfully with ABIT (It's a pity the company went bankrupt)
    Today you can choose from Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, EVGA - as a weak alternative.
    It is good that finally the premium brand ASUS ROG was created for enthusiasts.
    Future fashion for RGB, I'm waiting for the RGB processor.
    The RGB processor always has 50% more productivity.
    ROG RGB - unfortunately it does not work on the same principle as Alienware by DELL.
    (Alienware has the Alienware SupportAssist + CommandCenter software. It works by itself and flawlessly. The first diagnoses the computer, updates the bios and drivers to the latest versions. It doesn't matter if the computer is new or 3 years old. SUPPORT LASTS ALL TIME. The second allows you to customize all important parameters. User participation is limited to a minimum. There are no errors - everything works. Windows updates do not cause loss of software functionality. At Dell they know that their products have been used for several years. Therefore, people will willingly pay a lot for them.)
    You can buy many ROG products (Motherboard, GPU, monitor, mouse, keyboard, cellphone, etc, etc.)
    All for a price adjusted to the Premium brand, just like in the case of Alienware.
    Who will forbid the rich to use ROG? (But the rich still have to want to buy and use it.)
    It's not enough to produce a great product, you still need great ROG software.
    Entering the peripheral market has posed new challenges for programmers in the Asus-ROG premium department.
    In 2020, you won't get one software that will properly handle everything you buy ROG.
    It's a shame because sales would increase significantly.

Invest in human resources (a team of engineer-programmers and a new leader-manager,
    who read at least some of the posts in this forum. I mean those related to "great" Asus software ...)
    1.Armory Crate and Aura.
    Integration should take place long ago.
    (both programs cannot coexist)
    (The model is Corsair Link + Corsair ICUE -> Corsair ICUE with support for Asus ROG Motherboards)
    Every day, post something about a forum error.
    (Read new threads every day for several days in Armory Crate, AURA or Asus AI issue titles)
    There is no chance that all ROG devices will work properly.
    (Of course, if there are more than one)
    No valid uninstaller.
    Unable to overwrite the new software version.
    (You must manually delete directories, registry entries, CC-cleaner etc.)
    2.GPU Tweak
    Can load great old Windows components.
    Works only if you replace it with MSI Afterburner
    3.AI Suite
    Works if you install it on a fresh copy of Windows.
    Works until a new Windows 10 cumulative update is released
    No effective uninstaller again
    The biggest drawback of ROG is RMA-service, updates and assistance after purchase.
    If we buy something, it has to work according to the specification, we eventually pay for it.
    In fact, Asus designs great motherboards and graphics cards (no RGB function)
    All peripherals are also great, but you are afraid to buy because of poor software.
    It is a pity that Software is underdeveloped.
    This is Dell or Corsair is in the lead.
    P / S
    ROG Claymore keyboard - a work of engineering art, the WOW effect
    (Due to the control software I had to return -> Corsair K95)
    ROG Spatha mouse - great mouse, WOW effect
    (Due to the control software I had to return -> Corsair Dark Core)
    Aura Sync accesories, Computer case Helios - great performance.
    (Due to the AURA / Armory Crate control software fear to buy -> Corsair RGB accesories, TT Level 20)
    ROG Phone - a great smartphone
    (Iphone won due to poor support and updates)
    Sorry for English, my daughter is not at home.
    Best wishes, Miliano - great post.
    Last edited by Zbigniew; 03-05-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.

Miliano PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G74SX
    Processori7 8700K
    MonitorROG P348Q
    CaseThermalTake Core P3
    Mouse Gladius II
    Mouse Pad Rog Sheath
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by zbigniew View Post
    asus - in search of incredible / rog - in search of programmers?
    lol
    Last edited by Miliano; 03-05-2020 at 11:15 PM.

New ROGer Array ANi7H PC Specs
    ANi7H PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z390-E
    ProcessorINTEL i5 8600K CI5 3.60GHz LGA1151
    Memory (part number)Kingstone HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 2933MHz CL15 1.35V XMP (2x8) Ram
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 256bit OC Edition
    Storage #11TB HDD WD
    Storage #2500 GB HDD WD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master HYPER 612 VER.2
    CaseMSI MAG VAMPIRIC 010 ARGB
    Power SupplyCooler Master MWE 750W 80PLUS GOLD
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore Core
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly Hard Mousemat
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Unhappy

You are absolutely right, they all must be fired. It's like a joke, we setup new system last week with Z390-E ROG Strix one. Case is MSI MAG Vampiric 010 with ARGB back fan. We bought three Cooler Master SF120R ARGB Fans for this system. Everything was fine until i install armoury crate and aura sync application same time. It ruined everything, one of Cooler Master SF120R fan's 2 leds acting like crazy. Doesn't synchronize at all.

Cleared CMOS yesterday, installed Windows 10 clearly. Problem still persists...

We bought the most expensive motherboard in Turkey and that's what we deserving? im so mad. How could a conflinction between softwares can damage hardware?

I don't know. It's f*ckin brand new system, im gonna lose my mind. I sent a e-mail to Cooler Master Support address yesterday, they didn't answer yet.

That's unbelieveable.
    Last edited by ANi7H; 03-08-2020 at 02:41 PM.

New ROGer Array TobesEtc PC Specs
    TobesEtc PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime Z390-A
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 2666 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX2070 Super
    MonitorAOC 2777PQU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro
    CPU CoolerROG Ryuo 240
    CaseCorsair 100R
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard MS Modern w Fingerprint
    Mouse MS Surface
    Headset Audio-Technica ATH-W1000X
    Mouse Pad er.... Ikea desk?
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterSky Q
    Accessory #1 ASUS PCE-AC88 Wireless PCI-E Network Interface Card
    Accessory #2 ASUS USB-BT400 3Mbps USB Bluetooth v4.0
    Accessory #3 DEEPCOOL RF120 5IN1, 5x120mm RGB PWM Fans with Fan Hubs

No need to rip anyone's head off. Eventually they'll realise that they lose sales because of this s/w.

For instance - I am going to buy a new keyboard but no chance I'll throw more money at Aura-reliant hardware - I'm not mad! I reckon the Corsair K95 PLatinum or maybe K70 if I want silver.

It's annoying, as a single-solution/provider set-up makes a lot of sense, but with no support & no reliability, I have to switch brand. Next build will not be Asus.

Miliano PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G74SX
    Processori7 8700K
    MonitorROG P348Q
    CaseThermalTake Core P3
    Mouse Gladius II
    Mouse Pad Rog Sheath
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TobesEtc View Post
    No need to rip anyone's head off...
    But that wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
    Plus I would be honoring the ROG "Angry gamer eye" by rippin heads off, i mean, isnt that what ROG is all about, total annihilation? so at least someone around here would be doing right by ROG.
    Last edited by Miliano; 03-10-2020 at 10:19 PM.

New ROGer Array

Angry Earth calling space-monkeys

Yes. I feel a conflict within me. The dark side is tempting. Maximus XI has turned into darkness..

Armoury, Aura, Aura Creator, Lightning Software They conflict. Do not let yourself be tempted to install both. Especially not in the wrong order. Lights don't work suddenly. The senate is diseased. The senate is corrupted. The senate is ruled by SITH leaders.

Ask yourselves this. If the counsil of the ROG order would care to build a computer from scratch using their bare hands and no Padawans? Would it work? No. Care to explain all the snippets of inconsistent programs and snippets of SITH software here and there? With Armoury unifying all this SITH into a bigger SITH that doesn't work and is incompatible with everything else? A giant TURD. That is what you have dear Senate counsel. A TURD.

And now that we've sent the space-monkeys into deep space where the sun never shines, we ask the SITH management who doesn't have a clue about the products and how they work since they entrust the job to space-monkeys:

"Fix you must! Fix you will? Fcuk you very much!" - Yoda.
    Last edited by EscapedTestSubject; 03-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by TobesEtc View Post
    No need to rip anyone's head off. Eventually they'll realise that they lose sales because of this s/w...
    You are probably right about all that. I was going to buy an Asus gaming keyboard, but after seeing that others were getting zero support and also asking a question and getting no response, I chose against it. There's likely a lot of others in the same boat with various equipment from Asus.
    Davemon50

New ROGer Array

...oH... and don't get me started on AIsuite...

What a joke
    Last edited by EscapedTestSubject; 03-10-2020 at 05:56 PM.

New ROGer Array

Angry

Earth calling space-monkeys?
    Last edited by EscapedTestSubject; 03-10-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast