cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent EZUpdate from loading into taskbar?

MorePower
Level 8
EZUpdate is integrated into Al Suite 3 but is there a way to stop it from loading into the taskbar? I can't seem to find an option. I don't even see it in the startup menu of task manager.
5 REPLIES 5

xyzbird
Level 8
Two options:

1] Right click task bar icon for schedule and bullet point 'none'.

2] Go to Control Panel, (Programs) uninstall a program, right click AI Suite - Uninstall/Change. Tick EZ Update to uninstall and follow prompts.

xyzbird wrote:
Two options:

2] Go to Control Panel, (Programs) uninstall a program, right click AI Suite - Uninstall/Change. Tick EZ Update to uninstall and follow prompts.

#2 was what I was looking for. I didn't know there was an option to select programs to uninstall. I thought it would uninstall all of AI Suite. I original ticked 'none' but the icon kept on coming back after a reboot.

Thanks!

xyzbird wrote:
Two options:

Win 10/64:

Uninstaller for AI 3 won't run from Settings, Apps & Features screen. Modify button greyed out, uninstall does nothing. No right click here.

Download CCleaner and run the uninstaller for AI 3 and it will give you the choice of removing EZ. It runs the ASUS uninstaller menu with the remove EZ option.
Found something called system information, gonna turn that off too.
Cheers ****ers
wtf is control panel

xyzbird
Level 8
Option #1 was to stop EZ repeatedly finding an update for Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.44 that never got updated.

beatfreak
Level 7

In case you do not want do uninstall EZ Update:

right click your Windows Icon in the taskbar, select Computer management, navigate to scheduled tasks, open the subfolder ASUS, select the Task for EZ Update and deactivate it.

In case it complains about you not having admin rights, instead of directly selecting computer management, launch a powershell or commpand prompt as admin and execute compmgmt.msc, then follow the procedure already described.

You could also change the task trigger from "on user login" to monthly or sth. and set the same interval in the EZ Update settings to auto perform an update check every now and then without having EZupdate running all the time.