cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIII Formula - Can't boot with newest BIOS

Toooorch
Level 7
Hey all,

unfortunately, I am having issues with my new motherboard.
The only BIOS version that works for me is 1001, anything else just gives me "Load VGA bios"
It does post sometimes, but then it just reboots. Hitting del/f2 does not seem to work either.

- CPU - 3900x
- nVidia 1080 Ti
- g.skill trident z rgb 32gb 3200
> Tried to unplug everything from the motherboard expect for the waterpump - did not have any effect

Any suggestions? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
Does the waterpump have it own CPU backing bracket and if so do you have it on backwards (this can cause short circuit the board). If you overtighten the heatsink/waterblock onto the cpu can also have same effect.

Are you using from the CPU side, ram slots 2 & 4.

RedSector73 wrote:
Does the waterpump have it own CPU backing bracket and if so do you have it on backwards (this can cause short circuit the board). If you overtighten the heatsink/waterblock onto the cpu can also have same effect.

Are you using from the CPU side, ram slots 2 & 4.

Hey, thanks for your answer.
I used decoupling kit for the waterpump so I don't think it could short circuit something. The waterblock is I think alright - it is EK waterblock and the mounting is pretty straightforward, it basically stops itself and don't allow you to overtight it.
I have all my ram slots occupied but I also tried just one stick - did not have any effect 😞

If your trying to use RAMx4 population, the configuration really need to be on the Memory QVL for the x4 population or may have a problem with that. Stick to using slot (from the cpu) 2 for a single dimm or using 2 & 4 till you have boot / can enter bios.

There is ATX connector above the CPU to the left top of the motherboard, do you have it connected ?

I've not encountered your type of problem before and I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas to try/eliminate based on the information.

RedSector73 wrote:
If your trying to use RAMx4 population, the configuration really need to be on the Memory QVL for the x4 population or may have a problem with that. Stick to using slot (from the cpu) 2 for a single dimm or using 2 & 4 till you have boot / can enter bios.

There is ATX connector above the CPU to the left top of the motherboard, do you have it connected ?

I've not encountered your type of problem before and I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas to try/eliminate based on the information.

ASUS just released a new version 1302 - this also works.
Thanks for your help! The issue really was somewhere in the BIOS