cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish SmartConnect/AiMesh allowed you to make exceptions

JAMESBHARRIS
Level 7
I like SmartConnect & I don't want to disable it. But I have a Roku box on Wifi & the first time that I use it after a router reboot, it will stop stream a few times in the first 20 minutes or so. I also have AiMesh going, one node, so I'm not sure if it is SmartConnect settling on the best band or AiMesh settling on the best signal. After it decides on the best connection, it works fine. The best connection always ends up being 5ghz on the node. It would be great if you could configure devices to lock on "Node 1 at 5Ghz" but still have SmartConnect & AiMesh actively managing other devices.

It wouldn't be too bad if it did it immediately but it is always 20 minutes into the show!
2 REPLIES 2

D_McD_EMS_USMC
Level 7
On the router (I have a GT-AX11000) click on the wireless tab then click on the wireless mac filter tab on the top row of tabs. Put the MAC address of your Roku under the appropriate wireless band you want to reject (in this case 2.4GHz) and it should only pick up the 5GHz band. Not sure if this will solve your buffering problem but give it a try and let us know how it worked.

D_McD_EMS_USMC wrote:
On the router (I have a GT-AX11000) click on the wireless tab then click on the wireless mac filter tab on the top row of tabs. Put the MAC address of your Roku under the appropriate wireless band you want to reject (in this case 2.4GHz) and it should only pick up the 5GHz band. Not sure if this will solve your buffering problem but give it a try and let us know how it worked.

Good information. I really didn't understand what the wireless mac filter tab did or how to use it but thought there had to be a way. I appreciate the help.