cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL504GM (Strix Hero II) CPU package refuses to go to C6 sleep state

chaugh
Level 7
I am running a clean windows install with all the drivers from the Asus website.
My computer had a high idle power and after installing throttlestop, I realize the CPU package refuses to drop below C3.

I have tried everything, running driver booster to update drivers, with and without a external monitor and various windows power plan settings.
I dont have a SATA SSD and just have a NVME drive on my laptop.

Does anyone else have this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

tap002
Level 9
I'm having extremely high idle speeds and temperatures. CPU will run at full 3.9 GHz for four or five minutes before idling down. Any usage will spike it right back up. No settings in power plan will alter behavior, even running on battery. I've clean installed twice this week to no avail. This happened with the latest updates to 1909. I've set maximum processor state to 99%; slide the power mode to best performance and instant 4090.00MHz; processor completely ignores the setting and enters turbo boost. Sliding the power mode setting down will recognize my 99% setting and limit the processor to 2.2 but still get large temperature spikes. Any help would be appreciated. Opening and closing programs will see core usage spikes to 30 and 40 percent.

unclewebb
Level 10
This seems to be a common problem across many different laptops. My Lenovo laptop gets limited to Package C2 whenever I resume from sleep. Not good for battery run time when this happens.

It might be the NVME driver that is causing your problem. In my case, it happened after switching to Windows 10. I spent way too much time trying to troubleshoot this problem. If you ever get to the bottom of this, remember to post your answer here.