cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Adapter Issue

Dinosdad
Level 7
Hello all,
Two weeks ago I build my new system. Today my internet connection was upgraded to 100 Mbps. My issue is this. Although i can reach the 100mbps through any other device (laptops, other pc) with the new one the speed is throttled to around 20 mbps. I changed cables, ports, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers nothing changed. I tried a wireless connection as well. I tried the intel port and the realtek port on my motherboard. Still nothing. I am sitting here busting my head trying to figure out a solution. Is my motherboard faulty? Are the drivers messed up? Please if anyone can find some time to help me out i would really appreciate it. Anyways thank you for your time and please forgive me if my English aren't good enough it is not my native language.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
One way to test for a hardware fault would be a different operating system on a bootable USB stick. You could boot Ubuntu without installing it and run a speed test. If that works then you know it may be an OS or driver issue.

FWIW, I once had an issue with an Intel ME driver killing my connection. You wouldn't have the same issue on an AMD system but be aware it might not be the network adapter driver itself at fault.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

SaLSouL
Level 10
Dinosdad wrote:
Hello all,
Two weeks ago I build my new system. Today my internet connection was upgraded to 100 Mbps. My issue is this. Although i can reach the 100mbps through any other device (laptops, other pc) with the new one the speed is throttled to around 20 mbps. I changed cables, ports, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers nothing changed. I tried a wireless connection as well. I tried the intel port and the realtek port on my motherboard. Still nothing. I am sitting here busting my head trying to figure out a solution. Is my motherboard faulty? Are the drivers messed up? Please if anyone can find some time to help me out i would really appreciate it. Anyways thank you for your time and please forgive me if my English aren't good enough it is not my native language.

Did you install "ROG Game First V etc?" if so chances are that it is this.