Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Question

you may think this is crazy, but is there any legit place that still sells this mb? has to be NEW!!!!
    if yes, links.. but must have stock!! (fyi, the asus mb page links to office depot / walmart are out of stock.. and doubtful they get more.)

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

You can get it through Amazon resellers and eBay sellers. But I haven't seen a new one in a long time, they don't manufacture it anymore. And they're all still expensive!

I love this board, if I had known how much I was going to love it, I would've bought two of them........just in case.

The reason for two 12V power plugs is just to get more power to the board for people who have lots of power hungry accessories and like to overclock. It's one of those things that could potentially hurt you if you don't plug in both and you have a lot of power demand, but will never hurt you if you just hook it up even if you don't need it. So my recommendation is to just hook up both power sources, fah-get abott it, and move on. Nowadays pretty much every video card has plenty of power source directly to it, so it doesn't affect the board requirements (PCIe slot requirements are fixed). So in my opinion it's mostly an overclocking concern. I don't know what CPU you have but TDP is 140 W for mine and I don't want to starve it.
    Davemon50

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

cpu is also 140w. i decided to use both 8+4... working fine now...

moving on;
    simple setup;

asus rampage v mb with intel x99 chipset
    1 x samsung 960 pro nvme via m.2 port (no other drives)
    windows 7 (yes, really) installed and working perfectly. fyi; used the gigabyte windows usb installation tool to create working win7 usb stick.

drive seems to perform at close-ish to expected/advertised values. (see below) drive is also using latest firmware. i know so because i booted off the samsung firmware iso and after it checks, reports as "being latest". crystal disk mark and other disk benchmark tools all report same-ish results, as expected, so drive not hindered in any significant way. (could maybe improve around 5-7%?) magician itselfs shows expected-ish results.

my only concern of sorts is that samsung's own magician isn't fully supporting it. see below. is it because it uses microsoft nvme drivers? but if yes, what can i do? i did get current latest samsung drivers, installed them, rebooted, but no change. it's as if they -the samsung drivers- did nothing. they are installed under "program files" and have an uninstall option under windows add/remove as normal, but aren't installed really.

additionally, i also tried to manually update drivers by going to device manager > hardware > drive > driver tab > update driver, then point to the correct place that holds the four needed files. they are; secnvme.cat, secnvme.inf, secnvme.sys & secnvmeF.sys. they are the same as the ones the installer installs anyway, with the last two being digitally signed by both samsung (sha1) and microsoft (sha256). i also tried to "old" right click the inf file and click install, only to get "the inf file you selected does not support this method of installation".

i suppose i can just carry on, but decided to maybe try and somehow switch to samsung drivers, so magician recognizes and starts supporting it's own damn drive before i start installing the other apps and start using windows properly. since this is early stage, i have not updated windows to the very latest, though not sure that would make any difference here. the drive is up and running just fine, seems to perform exactly how it's supposed to, just that the drive maker's own software isn't playing nice with it.

finally, the bios settings for booting are currently set to; auto for the CSM (both auto/enabled work, decided to leave on auto) and "other os" for the safe boot section.

ideas?

New ROGer Array

wake up asus team.....

virus got you all?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 48547595 View Post
    wake up asus team.....

virus got you all?
    This is a user discussion forum, so no ASUS support here. Just a space for us to chat with each other.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2