cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Impact II Mouse DPI issue

iicycube
Level 8
Hey guys, recently bought this mouse for alternative and came to installed ROG armoury II for setting..
But now the issue is it always back to default DPI everytime i startup and i always need to activate the tweaked DPI by pressing once on the bottom key.
I wonder how do i set it so that it will remember the tweaked DPI setting after i bootup my computer?
8 REPLIES 8

PR_
Level 7

Same problem here. The tweaked DPI used to work after the boot, but now I have to click on the tweaking button on the mouse manually to activate the tweaked DPI. Started happening ever since I installed an Android Driver from the Duet Display application. It changed something in my drivers relating to USB. That's all I know.

Hi! I have same issue,but i don't know what causes it.Have you fixed it yet?

Nate152

Hello

Try uninstalling Armoury II and install Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1.

I did a test with my ROG Chakram X, upon rebooting, it saves the DPI setting.

ROG Strix Impact II | Mice & Mouse Pads | ROG Global (asus.com)

I am not using the Armoury II, i am using Armoury Crate version 5.6.10.0,and have the same problem.

where should i download the Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1,i can't fine it on offical website?

Me again! I found the Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1,and did what you say,and weird things happened.
after i uninstalled the Armoury Crate version 5.6.10.0,the problem seems to be fixed,
but then i installed the Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1
,it automatically upgraded to version 5.6.10.0,and the issue appeared again!
It means i can't use ASUS's product properly with ASUS's software! It's ridiculous!
Dear Nate152,are you one of the ASUS staff? Can your team just fix the software?
I really like ASUS's hardware ,but your software just suck!

Nate152

That's correct, Armoury Crate will update to 5.6.10.0.

I'll check if it keeps the DPI setting.

Be right back.

Nate152

I don't have the ROG Strix Impact II, but testing with the ROG Chakram X, Spatha X and Harpe Ace, they all keep the DPI setting when rebooting.

When you uninstalled Armoury Crate, did you use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool?

If not, use the uninstall tool then reinstall Armoury Crate.

In the link below select your operating system, click "Show all" in blue the uninstall tool is the third download.

Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)

Once uninstalled, reboot and install Armoury Crate version 3.2.9.1.

Go to the update center,  do the updates and see if it's now keeping the DPI setting.

Yes,I used the "Armoury Crate uninstall tool",and it didn't help,by the way my "ROG Strix Impact" series type is the "Not for sale" type,

not the "ROG Strix Impact II",and if the software can't support the giveaway,why ASUS give me this in the first place?