cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Scar 2 Internal HDD cable

Jimmeh
Level 7
Hey guys, got myself a scar 2 gl704gw and am wanting to install a firecuda hdd to it but I have to cable to goto the motherboard.
Seems pretty common, I have found a cable but to ship it to me would be the same cost, so would end up costing me $100 aud which isn't appealing.

I have contacted asus support and awaiting an answer but just wondering if anyone on here would know where to get a cable in Australia, even better in Melbourne?

cheers guys
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Although you may have checked it already, be sure to check your accessories box (if still available) for the cable since it should usually be there rather than installed inside the unit if it's provided.
If you received the hard drive bracket in the unit, would expect the cable would be included in the box normally, but something that may need to be looked into more to be sure.

Good luck!

Hi,
The câble for the second hdd is in the box of computer, i have find it in my box and i success to instal an other ssd 512 go.
Best regards

I checked the box thoroughly and no dice, unfortunately I have to try and get one the hard way.
maybe if 10 or so people in Melbourne want that cable I could order 10 and get cheaper delivery in theory.

aside from that I am waiting emails back from a couple of people that don't seem to like customer service