Threaded View

ROG Member Array

Ram issues I believe?

Hi guys,

I hope all is well with everyone.

I have a few issues to raise if someone can help me out, really confused to be honest.

I have a Strix X370-F Gaming motherboard and Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb Vengence LED 3000MHZ...

I have had this computer for about 2 years now and all has been working fine to be fair although only recently I have discovered that my ram was running at 2133mhz. Checked this with CPU-Z, says its running at 1064.1mhz, I know the Double rata rate so should be at basically 1500mhz and it isnt.

I recently updated my Bios through the motherboard to latest one which is 5220 and it worked fine, updated fine, pc feeling fine... until I change these values of the ram in bios via the DOCP as this is basically XMP I imagine for Asus boards. it automatically set the correct settings of 15-17-17-35 and it seemed fine again, rebooted, in windows 10, all perfect. Until I shutdown and started up again the next day. System hanged, Red light on mobo which is CPU but frankly I knew it was the settings of the ram so restarted a few times and it came back on, displayed I had bad settings apparently so changed a few things again with ram, slightly lower and still same thing. Cut a long story short, its always the same, hangs each time on second reboot unless I set it all back to default which means I lose the speed its supposed to be at which is frustrating, saying that I didn't even know before but now I do it seems like I am only getting half arsed ram.

My question is for all the genius's here, I am not one of them sadly, could anyone shed some light as to why this keeps happening? Is it a compatibility issue with Ryzen? Would really appreciate some knowledge bombs on this one as I am stumped.

Will provide pictures or anything that is needed.

Thanks guys.