cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Enhancement "Speaker Fill" Missing

sleeps1007
Level 7
I'm not sure if it's the audio chipset on the motherboard causing this but I'm missing the "Speaker Fill" option under my audio enhancements. I have the latest realtek drivers that I download from Microsoft catalog and I have all these other enhancements but no speaker fill. The last time I can remember having it was when I first purchased the MB back in 2017 and when I setup my 5.1 speakers sound was coming from all of them then maybe a lil over a year ago I noticed only my front speakers and sub were playing sound and saw the speaker fill was gone from my HD Manager. Over the years there have been a lot of updates to my OS and drivers but couldn't pinpoint if it was an OS or driver issue. I've completely removed and uninstalled the audio drivers and software and after installing the latest driver still no speaker fill. I refuse to reinstall my OS takes too long.

Audio: Realtek 6.0.8874.1
7 REPLIES 7

toronto699
Level 13
No Speaker Fill With W10 Audio Drivers Use A W8.1 Driver , I Use An Asus Driver 6.0.1.7035 Works Perfectly , But W10 Tries To Install A W10 Audio Driver , Microsoft Support Used {Installed } A Tool To Stop W10 From Updating The Audio Driver , Try This W8.1 Driver Version 6.0.1.7035 From My Old G30AB Tower , Works For Me In W10 , I Have Speaker Fill , 5.1 Logitech Z5500 Speakers And My Z906 Speakers On Another PC
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G30AB/HelpDesk_Download/

If You Install A W8.1 Audio Driver , Windows Will Try To Install A W10 Audio Driver With Out Your Knowledge It Just Installs With No Notification On A W10 Machine , That's Why I Had The Driver Tool Put On My PC By Microsoft , If The 6.0.1.7035 Driver Works Keep A Copy Of It On Your PC .
5.1 Audio In W10 is By Source Only NO Speaker Fill, Unless You Install A W8.1 Driver With Speaker Fill In The Driver ,

toronto699 wrote:
No Speaker Fill With W10 Audio Drivers Use A W8.1 Driver , I Use An Asus Driver 6.0.1.7035 Works Perfectly , But W10 Tries To Install A W10 Audio Driver , Microsoft Support Used {Installed } A Tool To Stop W10 From Updating The Audio Driver , Try This W8.1 Driver Version 6.0.1.7035 From My Old G30AB Tower , Works For Me In W10 , I Have Speaker Fill , 5.1 Logitech Z5500 Speakers And My Z906 Speakers On Another PC
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G30AB/HelpDesk_Download/

If You Install A W8.1 Audio Driver , Windows Will Try To Install A W10 Audio Driver With Out Your Knowledge It Just Installs With No Notification On A W10 Machine , That's Why I Had The Driver Tool Put On My PC By Microsoft , If The 6.0.1.7035 Driver Works Keep A Copy Of It On Your PC .
5.1 Audio In W10 is By Source Only NO Speaker Fill, Unless You Install A W8.1 Driver With Speaker Fill In The Driver ,

Thanks for the info

smonly
Level 7

get "sonic studio 3" from the microsoft store, check on upmix/surround box under the "studio effect". this will do the same.

Upmix/Surround is not the same as speaker fill, this is a lie.  This is an ongoing issue for audio files using ASUS 7.1 capable motherboards with Realtek audio chipset drivers.

may not be the exact, but works like the same, from my experience currently. 

it does not work the same quite posting lies in the forums.

you tried it?