cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS l ROG @ Intel Lanfest Sacramento

Retired
Not applicable
I just wanted to thank everyone for attending Intel Lanfest and supporting the ASUS Republic of Gamers team which was pretty much myself... but i still had a blast as usual.

Our booth!

The CPUMagazine guys scoping out Travis' case mod! His rig was part of the Xtreme Design campaign we ran on facebook last year where he qualified top 20 in stage 1 and placed 4th in stage 2! Glad to see he won the case mod contest!

PCJunkie - The 2 in 1 design with Rampage II Extreme and X58 Workstation Super computer board!

another awesome case mod was this corvette rim

The infamous Need for speed SHIFT + Dirt 2 all day tournament, 12 hours to be exact!

Fastest laptime of the day wins a Maximus III Formula!

At one point CrazyComi held the record at 1:30, then 1:28, then 1:27:29!!!

Out of no where pacif1st puts down a 1:27:20!!!!!

This was pretty much it...

Turbo Penguin landed a 54:05 with a tie in the end! I've never seen a tie, so we did a faceoff on the oval track with a corolla AE86! TurboPenguin takes the win.

We also ran a Folding@home Workshop/Tournament which was also crazy! PCJunkie fires up all of his machines and forms a massive client to reach 20,311 points with MRhobo catching up right behind him at 20,168 points.

Congrats to PCJunkie, pacif1st, and Turbo penguin on the win. You guys deserved it!

We had just released the Crosshair 4 Formula and this guy already had it in his machine! He told me he built it 3 days before Lanfest!

RAFFLE = PRIZES!

+

=
Crazycomi ended up still winning an ASUS O!PLAY from the raffle!

Thank you Antec, Corsair, Intel, OCZ for the awesome hardware! The hardware has never let me down and they are super fast and powerful! I had a 4card/5GPU setup for Folding where Antec's 1200 watt psu had to be used. Our 850s just didnt have enough ports to support 4 cards. The corsair memory was very stable and never failed our overclocking as we had a Intel 980x at 4.5GHZ running non stop through the entire event. Lastly, OCZ's FAST SSD really showed off its performance running games! You may note the odd GPU setup, we had 2 GTX260 and 1 GTX285 Matrix to show off folding@home. we also had a GTX295 but decided to take it out for tri sli gaming. It was funny because there was a rumor that someone had stolen the 295 off the rig but i actually stole my own hardware :cool:

Thank you all for coming out and supporting us! We (I) had a blast and hope to see you guys soon!:D

Link to more photos
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
oh yea, and we cant forget the EPIC FAIL moments that happened like this:

ottoyu34
Level 9
Those are great case mods. What are guys trying to BBQ? 😛