Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by betaman10 View Post
    Thank you everyone I have an Alpha coming Monday unfortunately I need 10gb and eatx size and all the usb ports it provides so yeah I had to go Asus. Amazon accepted the return of what I will say is a flawed board that should be recalled. Please Asus don't pull this crop again all it does is make customers not want to buy your products.
    All high-end motherboards from MSI Asrock Gigabyte have 10 GB LAN and many USBs. If this is not enough, you can use a USB hub. The Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme has two 10GB LANs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bluestang View Post
    Screw ASUS, you should have bought a different brand motherboard instead of giving in to their dishonest tactics of crippling the BIOS.
    You are absolutely right and I would have if I didn't love my caselabs sma8 so much and could fit the auros extreme in it. Unfortunately all trx40 boards have downsides and just so happens that the Asus ones had the least for my config and demands I needed. I am not condoning what Asus has done at all and I firmly believe a recall is needed if they can't fix the bios. Hopefully the only reason they are being so quiet about it is because of the virus going around. Only time will tell I guess.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chemcup View Post
    All high-end motherboards from MSI Asrock Gigabyte have 10 GB LAN and many USBs. If this is not enough, you can use a USB hub. The Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme has two 10GB LANs.
    I have had a lot of issues with MSI and ASRock in the past to ever go back to those maybe they have changed but I had an MSI x470mb die on me after 3 months of use. The only issues I have ever had with Asus besides this one was a USB port dieing on a rampage iv extreme. I just wish gigabyte didn't use the stupid atx-xl form factor because I really did want the auros extreme but I didn't want to change cases.

ROG Enthusiast Array martine-dee PC Specs
    martine-dee PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7820X 3.6 GHz @ 4 GHz
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming, 11 GB VRAM
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster AE-9
    Monitor2x ASUS VG248QE, 24" @ 144Hz
    Storage #14x SSD: WD Blue 1 TB, WD Black 1 TB
    Storage #2HDD: WD Red, 1 TB
    CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
    Casebe quiet! SILENT BASE 800
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7, Red
    Mouse Logitech G403 @ 3200 dpi
    Headset DT 770 Pro
    Mouse Pad Logitech G240
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6300
    OS Ubuntu 16.04, Win 10 Home 64bit, 1903

Wait. So, XMPs are off the table with 3990X and ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha?

I am contemplating getting the two. The budget is there, and I am basically looking up vendors and QVLs. But, if this is a limitation, I will def stay away from such a crap-deal.
    A Quaker here

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by martine-dee View Post
    Wait. So, XMPs are off the table with 3990X and ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha?

I am contemplating getting the two. The budget is there, and I am basically looking up vendors and QVLs. But, if this is a limitation, I will def stay away from such a crap-deal.
    Xmp works fine with the alpha it is the non-alpha that is broken with the 3990x

ROG Member Array

I too have the non Alpha version of this board. If Asus did block users of the non Alpha Zenith II board from CPU and memory overclocking when a 3990x is installed then they damn well have some questions to answer. We expected the 3990x to be fully supported with the original (and very new and very expensive!!!) Zenith II - the last thing we expected was that Asus would go and release a separate version "for the 3990x"
    Something to think about - if the non Alpha version is indeed capable of overclocking a 3990x then Asus was always going to cripple the BIOS so as to justify the Alpha version...they wouldn't want folk to know this was a scam to get businesses/folk to spend more money.

I'm wondering - with a non Alpha version and 3990x, can you down-clock/volt ? - I'd imagine that would be seriously looked at in a business sense where you'd be looking at saving running costs during times when the system doesn't need to be taxed.

Message to Asus - please correct the BIOS so as NOT to penalise these owners. They absolutely did not expect this underhanded tactic. Of course, if you believe the non Alpha version is not fit for overclocking a 3990x then please consider offering these users a swap out to an Alpha version - at little/no extra cost. If you don't do this then you should fully expect to loose the custom of these users in the future.
    Last edited by mboogie; 03-18-2020 at 12:20 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mboogie View Post
    I too have the non Alpha version of this board. If Asus did block users of the non Alpha Zenith II board from CPU and memory overclocking when a 3990x is installed then they damn well have some questions to answer. We expected the 3990x to be fully supported with the original (and very new and very expensive!!!) Zenith II - the last thing we expected was that Asus would go and release a separate version "for the 3990x"
    Something to think about - if the non Alpha version is indeed capable of overclocking a 3990x then Asus was always going to cripple the BIOS so as to justify the Alpha version...they wouldn't want folk to know this was a scam to get businesses/folk to spend more money.

I'm wondering - with a non Alpha version and 3990x, can you down-clock/volt ? - I'd imagine that would be seriously looked at in a business sense where you'd be looking at saving running costs during times when the system doesn't need to be taxed.

Message to Asus - please correct the BIOS so as NOT to penalise these owners. They absolutely did not expect this underhanded tactic. Of course, if you believe the non Alpha version is not fit for overclocking a 3990x then please consider offering these users a swap out to an Alpha version - at little/no extra cost. If you don't do this then you should fully expect to loose the custom of these users in the future.
    +1 (y)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2