cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio from front ports Maximus Hero XI wifi

muccmaster
Level 7
Hello,

I just put together a new build with a Maximus Hero XI Wifi and Phanteks p600s case and I can't seem to get the front audio ports on the case to work. I have them properly plugged in via the HD audio cable and I installed the latest drivers from the Asus website, but I still can't get these ports to even detect anything plugged into them. When I plug in my headset I get absolutely nothing and no detection from windows. I know the headset is good as it works perfectly fine in the rear audio. Anyone have some advice? I've already checked the connections.
2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
Reinstall your motherboard audio driver. Check PC case HD Audio cable wires for continuity or connector plug for broken wires (okay already done).

I had to RMA a motherboard, because the rear audio jack was not working (well it worked when I first brought it).

And the PC case front ports worked flawlessly.

Ignore below attachment (different subject). No authorization to fully edit, even though the options to edit are listed (not complaining).

pndiode wrote:
Reinstall your motherboard audio driver. Check PC case HD Audio cable wires for continuity or connector plug for broken wires (okay already done).

I had to RMA a motherboard, because the rear audio jack was not working (well it worked when I first brought it).

And the PC case front ports worked flawlessly.

Ignore below attachment (different subject). No authorization to fully edit, even though the options to edit are listed (not complaining).

Yeah I tried the drivers and messing with the Realtek audio console. I think it's the AAFP port on the motherboard as nothing that gets plugged into the front audio jacks get detected. When I try my speakers I just get interference. Bleh, I really don't feel like RMA'ing the board for that and having to reinstall everything. Guess I'll just live with it as its not a major issue, just more convenient to plug in from the front.