New ROGer Array

No audio from front ports Maximus Hero XI wifi

Hello,

I just put together a new build with a Maximus Hero XI Wifi and Phanteks p600s case and I can't seem to get the front audio ports on the case to work. I have them properly plugged in via the HD audio cable and I installed the latest drivers from the Asus website, but I still can't get these ports to even detect anything plugged into them. When I plug in my headset I get absolutely nothing and no detection from windows. I know the headset is good as it works perfectly fine in the rear audio. Anyone have some advice? I've already checked the connections.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pndiode PC Specs
    pndiode PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VL-DH71
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Extreme
    ProcessorI7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3600C19Q-32GTZRB
    Graphics Card #1ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    Graphics Card #2ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    MonitorSAMSUNG S22D300HY (2 ea)
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB
    Storage #2WD Blue 4TB (4 ea)
    CPU CoolerEK PE 360 (Top), PE 240 (Front), and Xres 100 Elite
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyThermalTake Toughpower 1200W
    Keyboard Cerberus
    Mouse Logitech MX Master S2
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 300
    Mouse Pad Generic
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3 Series II
    OS Win 10 Pro 2004
    Network RouterGeneric
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 ROG 10GB Express
    Accessory #3 Corsair ML140 (4 ea), Corsair ML120 (3 ea)

No audio from front ports Maximus Hero XI wifi

Reinstall your motherboard audio driver. Check PC case HD Audio cable wires for continuity or connector plug for broken wires (okay already done).

I had to RMA a motherboard, because the rear audio jack was not working (well it worked when I first brought it).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	three.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	84303

And the PC case front ports worked flawlessly.

Name:	Front Port.jpg 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	84302

Ignore below attachment (different subject). No authorization to fully edit, even though the options to edit are listed (not complaining).
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos CPU PCIE Config Mode.jpg  

Last edited by pndiode; 03-18-2020 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Cannot remove attachment

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by pndiode View Post
    Reinstall your motherboard audio driver. Check PC case HD Audio cable wires for continuity or connector plug for broken wires (okay already done).

I had to RMA a motherboard, because the rear audio jack was not working (well it worked when I first brought it).

Name:	three.jpg 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	84303

And the PC case front ports worked flawlessly.

Name:	Front Port.jpg 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	84302

Ignore below attachment (different subject). No authorization to fully edit, even though the options to edit are listed (not complaining).
    Yeah I tried the drivers and messing with the Realtek audio console. I think it's the AAFP port on the motherboard as nothing that gets plugged into the front audio jacks get detected. When I try my speakers I just get interference. Bleh, I really don't feel like RMA'ing the board for that and having to reinstall everything. Guess I'll just live with it as its not a major issue, just more convenient to plug in from the front.