Try to reinstall the aura core.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-ROG-Aura-Core

I had a similar issue that i solved with that (my) guide

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

@Astroke67
    Thank you but in my case it wasn't just a led issue but keyboard was totally dead (not working even from BIOS or Ubuntu Linux from pendrive). Led always off (even the power button wasn't lit) and just power key working. To reach the BIOS (since ESC or F2 were not working) I had to remove drives, but keyboard didn't work yet! Was like fell asleep. From Windows Device Manager the keyboard device totally disappeared.

It started on march. The strange thing was that this initially intermittently happened, then I noticed it happened EXACTLY after full Shutdown and Hibernation and never after Sleep or Reboot. I was able to resume keyboard after a certain amount of attempts if I did: 1. Hibernate, 2. remove AC supply, 3. press power button, so I went on for a few months using only sleep and reboot... a few weeks ago I tried again full shutdown and then keyboard totally died! Wasn't able to resume it with the above procedure anymore.

However... sent my GL703GS in RMA and they said they "upgraded keyboard firmware with NKey" and this fixed keyboard once and for all. Now I've got my PC back and keyboard is actually working fine again, always, as expected. Resumed also backup I used when I still had the issue and works perfectly fine ( = it wasn't a software/driver issue or so in my system image. As I said keyboard was permanently dead even booting Ubuntu from pen-drive or from BIOS anyway...).

The bad thing is:
    there is no official NKey keyboard firmware update tool for GL703GS on the official drivers' page or anywhere else BTW...
    Would be handy for a case like this and would prevent sending the PC in RMA for experienced customers, since this issue can randomly happen as I can read in some ASUS gaming laptop forums.
    Last edited by hexaae; 06-25-2020 at 12:16 PM.

New ROGer Array

Same issue to me

I am facing the same issue during all the time I'm using this laptop. The most annoying thing that the Asus service center is fixing this issue only for +/- 3 months, that the issue shows itself again. In each report, they write 'bios update'. Today I started facing this issue again ( after 3 months of usage, as I said before). I tried to update bios because the new version of BIOS was released since I received my laptop, but nothing changed.
    Symptoms are the same - whenever I turn off my laptop, keyboard, and highlight won't work. I should wait for about 20 minutes until my keyboard will start working. An interesting thing that once highlight starts working, the keyboard starts working as well. So, for me it is kind of tip - when keyboard is highlighting, then everything is fine with it.
    I am frustrated with how Asus "fixing" this problem in their service centers... From about 2 years of using this laptop, I spent about 3-4 months just waiting for my laptop from the service center.

I will try to search for NKey an install it as @HEXAAE described in his last post - maybe it will solve my problem too. Have no passion to wait one more month for another "Bios update"

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

@dante_89
    What was your exact model?
    Yes, ASUS should seriously provide Nkey + fw tools on the official driver download page, since this is a random and not so rare issue!
    ... or find a definitive HW solution, of course!
    Last edited by hexaae; 07-06-2020 at 06:22 AM.

New ROGer Array

Finally, I fixed my keyboard with the help of this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-FIX-100/page2 . Utility, mentioned at this topic, already has an image for my GL703GS laptop, so it is super easy to fix keyboard. Now I should figure out what is wrong with keyboard highlight. Once Windows is loaded, the keyboard has no highlight. Definitely something wrong with Aura service, but this is another story..

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

@dante_89
    You used that KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe, which already has a GL703GS keyboard fw profile?

RESTORE AURA + LEDs
    To restore correct behaviour of leds DO NOT INSTALL latest recommanded update from AS
    US (AURA Service V3.03.38).
    Uninstall all AURA related software. Rollback to:
    ROG_Aura_Core_Component_V1.0.14.zip
    and then
    Aura Lighting Service 1.00.41.zip

then you can finally Install 'Rog Aura Core' from MS Store.
    Ignore the fact ASUS recommends instead to uninstall all old Aura software and then to install only 'Rog AURA' + latest hotfix 'AURA Service V3.03.38' and everything will work fine again, including special Aura Smart Mode (keyboard leds turning from yellow to red for higher temps) or Music Mode sync'ed with audio driver music.
    Last edited by hexaae; 09-02-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2