cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot issue

cdsams
Level 7
Greetings,
I've got a boot issue with Win 10. Motherboard ROG STRIX Z390-I.
Always boots to the Win Recovery page. Just entering and exiting the BIOS Utility causes the PC to boot to Win 10 normally.
I've got no idea what to do to resolve this issue. I've included an attachment.
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
Have you tried actually doing a startup repair when you get the message?
Davemon50

Thanks for responding.
Using the boot interrupt method (Start PC, when blue window appears press power, repeat two more times)
Selecting Advanced options > Troubleshoot > Startup repair > Result: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC.
Another interesting thing, I purchased the OS from Microsoft on a USB stick. The system was loaded from this stick.
Now, installing the stick and powering on, PC boots like shown in the original post.
I think it stops loading the OS prior to loading the USB drivers and its not seeing the stick. I think its getting stuck in the UEFI BIOS

davemon50
Level 11
The startup repair should look for missing Windows files, not sure why it didn't help. But maybe once in Windows you can try some of the built-in troubleshooters. Also the Windows system file check tool can do that, maybe that would be even better than a troubleshooter (the troubleshooters usually expect you to know something about the problem first before they repair it, and this one is kind of unknown).

If the Windows installation actually got botched and you can't fix it with one of their repair tools, you might in the end need to reinstall Windows. Not suggesting that at this point, that's usually my last resort or advice, and I've never once had to do that because there always seems to be another and easier solution. Reinstalling puts you back to square one and is almost always unnecessary.
Davemon50

raju2529
Level 7
Error messages in screen shot is not clear. Will you record video and upload to YouTube, share the link.
Start from pressing Power Button
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Jesseinsf
Level 10
cdsams wrote:
Greetings,
I've got a boot issue with Win 10. Motherboard ROG STRIX Z390-I.
Always boots to the Win Recovery page. Just entering and exiting the BIOS Utility causes the PC to boot to Win 10 normally.
I've got no idea what to do to resolve this issue. I've included an attachment.

If going in to the UEFI Firmware in order to boot normally then there seems to be a Windows Boot configuration issue. Try repairing it first: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-bcd-windows-10

If that doesn't work then there is a Windows Startup configuration within Windows. See Picture. If that doesn't fix anything then I would backup everything and re-install Windows.