cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi keeps dropping

raider89
Level 7
I've had some recent issues with the built in wifi, if I try to load a website it will start to load and them the error will pop up and then had the no internet dinosaur error, tried different sites I also tried uninstalled the drivers, reset the networks, I tried a usb wireless adapter and that worked perfect and had no drops or issues.

Not sure if the wireless boards on these die often or not was going to just go pick up the asus wireless adapter the ac88 or whatever the model is.

Any other suggestions for me to try?
1 REPLY 1

xyzbird
Level 8
I have a ROG-STRIX-Z370-G-GAMING-WIFI PC WiFi which had WiFi sharing problems and I swapped the Asus WiFi module (Realtek 8822BE) with an Intel AC 9260NGW.

See thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116282-ROG-STRIX-Z370-G-GAMING-WIFI-PC-WiFi-Problems.

This could solve your problem - you will need Intel WiFi and BT drivers installed. You will need to remove the motherboard to gain access to the Asus WiFi module in a tin can and be brave enough to perform the 'upgrade'.

Alternatively you could try installing an Intel WiFi module based PCI-e 1X Adapter.