cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero Audio settings gone, only Left and Right work in test

BJBBJB
Level 7
Greetings.
I have not used my audio that much for a while but I know before windows updates of the past several months I had good 5.1 audio through my analog Logitech speakers.

Now I noticed a youtube video gave me no audio (although I get sound through all 5 (6 with the sub) speakers when playing music) so delved into settings.
All my delays were gone and levels. I never used any processing in sonic studio. However when I went to the main SupremeFX sound manager it was indeed on 5.1. However only the left and right played the test tone. Same with the windows audio test. But if I play music some setting is giving me fake 5.1 audio through all speakers. So I know the speakers are connected, amp is working, etc....

I was just going to update my driver before posting but I always update sonic studio at the same time. And I am running version 2.2.36.41511 and the website's most current seems to be version 2.2.28????

I just figured I would check here before I messed anything else up more before updating drivers. I did notice the new March 2020 Realtek driver is twice the size of previous, is Sonic Studio now integrated?

Perhaps all that happened is a setting flipped somewhere which caused me to lose 5.1 sound but I sure cannot find it..... If it is just a setting I would be fine fixing that and not messing around with drivers. Everything was working fine! 🙂
Thanks,
BJBBJB
2 REPLIES 2

BJBBJB
Level 7
I know there are certainly more important things going on but any thoughts? Does the new driver include the new Sonic Suite 2?
Thanks and take care,

Bill

BJBBJB
Level 7
Figured I would try one more time. Has anyone gotten 5.1 audio to work with the most recent (as far as Asus is concerned) Realtek driver version 6.01.8468 for this board? Specifically if you use the SupremeFX tab and have an analog 5.1 speaker system, will test tones play out of all 5.1 speakers? Same question for the room correction tab and turning that on and playing those (different) tones in all 5.1 speakers?

Thanks,
BJBBJB