cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GW Fan at low speeds

Ramahi89
Level 7
Hello,

I have been using the laptop for quiet some time now (about 11 months now). Recently I have noticed that when using the laptop's Internal mic and at Balanced or Silent Profile... the recording shows the grinding the fans makes at low speed, I'm not sure if its software based from the Armoury Crate or Hardware based problem.

The fans start to make some grinding noise, i cant help but hear it when everything around me is so calm nowadays with the corona virus 😞

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else have experienced such thing with their laptop or its only me? especially with this Scar 2 edition.

Also if anyone could post how many months are covered with the Asus's Warranty inside the U.S? is it Normally for 12 months or 24 months?

Kind regards
1 REPLY 1

PowerPein
Level 7
Ramahi89 wrote:
Hello,

I have been using the laptop for quiet some time now (about 11 months now). Recently I have noticed that when using the laptop's Internal mic and at Balanced or Silent Profile... the recording shows the grinding the fans makes at low speed, I'm not sure if its software based from the Armoury Crate or Hardware based problem.

The fans start to make some grinding noise, i cant help but hear it when everything around me is so calm nowadays with the corona virus 😞

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else have experienced such thing with their laptop or its only me? especially with this Scar 2 edition.

Also if anyone could post how many months are covered with the Asus's Warranty inside the U.S? is it Normally for 12 months or 24 months?

Kind regards

Read this post: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104242-Strix-SCAR-II-GL504GS-Fan-Question-Stuck-on-High-fo...