Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

G512LV Preventing permenant boost mode on mains

Is there a way to prevent my laptop (G512LV) from sitting at high clock speeds when on mains but not under heavy load?

Moderator Array

Hello Soupladel,
    Are you able to switch mode in Armoury Crate?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

I can switch between the different profiles as in - Windows, Silent, Performance and Turbo (as well as custom). However whilst on mains, none of the profiles apart from silent drop the clock speed but as silent turns off the fans, it doesn't really help with the higher than usual temps i see when idling.

Moderator Array

Hello Soupladel,
    May you provide a screenshot of the clock speed in Armoury Crate when your device is idling?
    The task manager screenshot would be helpful as well.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Here is a screenshot of AC

And Task Manager:

And as a bonus, is a screenshot of Armoury Crate after barely 5 mins of Destiny 2

I also tried to capture XTU showing everything hitting the throttles, but its not always as easy as the moment you alt-tab the throttling warniing goes:

Moderator Array

Hello Soupladel,
    Thank you for the information.
    I have reported both of your thread.

Moderator Array

Hello Soupladel,
    After consulting with our technical support and designers, and we have tested several scenario you mentioned, your device is fine.
    The temperature and the CPU frequency is normal since the OS is always working, and for a device with such parts and equipment, it's normal as well.
    And it is also normal for a device to reach it's high peak of temperature and performance, then drop a bit to keep balance at certain point.
    Please do not worry too much about it.

If you really want to lower the frequency, and of course the performance would be slower,
    you may enter BIOS >Advanced> Disable "Hyper-Threading".
    Let me know if you have any other concern.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

I understand that but surely there should be an option to stop it boosting within the OS without having to disable a feature in the BIOS?

As I am sat here right now, it’s boosting to 4.4GHz, I am on mains and it is less than 4% CPU usage.

Unplug mains, CPU speed is hovering at around 1.1GHz with the same utilisation and the temperatures are plummeting.

So what I am asking is, to be able to have the laptop perform as it is currently going on battery, but with the mains adaptor plugged in. Obviously if CPU load picks up I would expect it to increase speed/frequency appropriately but it just feels like an all round waste when web browsing or working on a very small spreadsheet

New ROGer Array

Mate your cooking, even mine doesnt get that hot, whats your ambient room temperature? I would even recommend getting a cooling pad this is what I use and it does the job https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos armoury.jpg  

iet profile.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Soupladel View Post
    Here is a screenshot of AC

And Task Manager:

And as a bonus, is a screenshot of Armoury Crate after barely 5 mins of Destiny 2

I also tried to capture XTU showing everything hitting the throttles, but its not always as easy as the moment you alt-tab the throttling warniing goes:

Hey, if you try running it on turbo mode, can you share the screenshot of your armoury crate while gaming?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast