Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

The only thing you can try IMHO is: uninstall all AURA related software and reinstall original old versions from your laptop driver support page + C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Win32App\ASUS\...
    As a general rule, DO NEVER UPDATE Crate/Aura software: all new versions introduced new bugs and issues.

Let me know how it goes if you try hard-reset to factory settings (Macrium Reflect Free or EaseUS Todo Backup Home are very good backup software).
    Last edited by hexaae; 03-29-2020 at 10:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

I went to attempt to uninstall the original AURA software, but I don't have a "Win32App" directory. I do have an "ASUS" directory and a "ROG AURA CORE UWP" folder, but the "ROG AURA" folder is empty.

I haven't decided if I want to do the reset yet. I can still use a USB keyboard and everything works just fine. It's just annoying. Thanks for the recommendations on backup software, I will check them out!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos eSupport Directory List.JPG  

New ROGer Array

Ugh, this happened to me this morning on my new ROG Strix Hero III that I just got this week. It was powered off overnight, powered it on and no lights and nothing worked on keyboard. Reboot it and same thing. Ended up powering off and unplugged power for a couple seconds and that fixed it, but now it has forgotten my lighting setup and it's just solid red, no biggy there but I hope this doesn't become a common issue :/

Moderator Array

Hello yuanyasmine,
    Please kindly check if your BIOS, Windows, drivers, including keyboard firmware are up to date.
    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...Desk_Download/
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

This happened to me a few weeks ago on my GL703vm after a windows update and still isn't resolved. I've attempted all the solutions listed here at least once, plus a factory reset. Super frustrating. ASUS support wants me to send it in for repair, but it'll cost a good bit and I can't go without a computer for very long right now. Stuck in the same position just making it work with a usb keyboard and mouse. Will probably try taking it to a local shop once work slows down a bit.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

I had the same issue (ASUS GL703GS gaming laptop): https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...387#post808450
    Solved by ASUS RMA repair: they reflashed "keyboard firmware with NKey" software, and this is not available to common users.
    What scares me is that I've read at least one user who said this started to happen him every 3 months... so I hope it won't be my case too and it has been fixed once and forever.

Asked many times to ASUS but they said this "Nkey" reflash tool can't be given through official support pages as it is a dangerous tool to use for unexperienced users (what's worst than keyboard dead anyway...?).

Last edited by hexaae; 08-16-2020 at 11:13 PM.

New ROGer Array

Humour me or tell me if you have already done this.

Go into the device manager, select keyboards and uninstall the basic HiD keyboard device options form the list and just straight up restart the laptop windows should then reinstall the basic driver (which it might be the exact same that is installed).

See if that works before you do any PC resets call it an odd but last ditch effort.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Remember that when the keyboard is this "dead" means TOTALLY dead. Even from BIOS (you can't even access BIOS with ESC or F2 to be exact since they don't work. You can boot directly into BIOS if you remove HD drives though, and F10 to Save&Exit or any other BIOS key won't work). It won't even be detected as an attached device by Windows.
    I already described the issue in detail here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...tes#post800793
    Last edited by hexaae; 08-17-2020 at 05:11 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Humour me or tell me if you have already done this.

Go into the device manager, select keyboards and uninstall the basic HiD keyboard device options form the list and just straight up restart the laptop windows should then reinstall the basic driver (which it might be the exact same that is installed).

See if that works before you do any PC resets call it an odd but last ditch effort.
    Yeah the device manager, at least for me, is not even listing the built-in keyboard. I still did lots of futzing with uninstalling the USB keyboard drivers and restarting in case that would do anything. Also tried a reset, but the issue persists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2