cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Crashing at random times

esgargoth
Level 7
Hi all,

So my pc is randomly crashing, i can't figure out why and i'm not even sure where to start looking.
It can happen when idle, under load, gaming or just watching something on YT.

The screens go blank, the gpu LEDs on my 1080 go full white and i have to do a hard reset via the wall switch as the power button doesn't work.
The only thing i have noticed is that the fan on the ryujin240 goes full blast. (small fan on the block, NOT the ones on radiator, they are connected to motherboard)

One thing that has happened just today was the ryujin went full 100% but the pc stayed alive and i was able to capture the following screenshot. 84340

The ai program shows that all volts and temps and fan speeds have gone to hell but hardware monitor shows everything as ok, this was not frozen and still able to show varying temps etc.
I tried disabling the AI from starting on boot, no change and although i am overclocked right now it makes no difference when rolled back to stock speeds.
The issue has been going on for 2 months now.

If anyone could shed some light or point me on what logs i should be looking for i would be grateful.

Cheers

Dw

(for those wondering, i share my steam library via steam link with my son and edit his game saves to keep him happy)
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
I am thinking that maybe your CPU thermal compound is either not applied correctly, or if it's been on for a while may be dried out? Worth a look to reapply it if you get desperate.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I am thinking that maybe your CPU thermal compound is either not applied correctly, or if it's been on for a while may be dried out? Worth a look to reapply it if you get desperate.

I checked and it was a good spread, but to be sure i cleaned it all up and reapplied.
Still the same result :S
no change in temps.

raju2529
Level 7
Will you share the memory dump files , upload those file's to google drive, then shsre the downloable link here
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
Will you share the memory dump files , upload those file's to google drive, then shsre the downloable link here

I would but the minidump folder is empty :S

unless i should be looking for something else?

check completely .dmp files in C drive through search .
if found zip all .dmp files and share via google drive
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
check completely .dmp files in C drive through search .
if found zip all .dmp files and share via google drive

Hi Raju,

Thanks for the attempt to help, i had a friend stop by last night and he took a look (have you updated the bios?) oops..
So with a fresh bios the issue is gone.

Also the memory dump file was over a 1GB in size and my internet sucks so would have taken too long.

Again thank you

D

P.s Remember folks, always have a nice updated bios.....

Update intel management engine firmware version to latest.
Also intel management engine interface driver too.
If possible use always DCH WHQL. Device device driver.

Enable and install only Device driver signed microsoft digital signature certificate.