Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    Hey, you are not the first user to be confused by ASUS labeling. You have a G752VSK but having the I7 7700HQ processor. The problem is that model has its' own support pages separate from the G752VSK with the I7 7820HK processor. Using the support page terminology, you have the G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) model and mine is the G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) model.

Your model has the Kaby Lake processor, Intel CM238 Chipset, and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 , with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM

My model has the Kaby Lake processor, Intel CM238 Chipset, and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 , with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM

Both models should use the same BIOS but don't. I don't think even ASUS can explain that one.

When you compare support page driver and program versions, you have to question ASUS support even further.

Look you have a G752VSK, the dxdiag supports that. Continue to use the G752VSK support page:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G75...Desk_Download/

Now back to your GPU overheat problem.

1. I first suggest you reinstall the ROG Gaming Center version 2.7.0 software.

2. Second, reinstall your NVIDIA software.

3. If that doesn't change anything, then I would suggest you format your OS drive and start over, using the ASUS Installation Wizard as I have instructed. If you are worried, please download the Driver DVD iso file and install the eSupport folder. Then simply run the ASUS Installation Wizard.

Good Luck
    Thank God I didn't need to do a system wipe. Your solution saved me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newstandard.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	84383

The only thing I'd call an issue at this point is that the GPU perf limiter seems to vary depending on... well... Lord knows what. Seems to vary on it's own.

Still I call this what it is: a win. Owe you one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2