cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reset XMP profile settings?

Secrios
Level 7
I am in an unusual situation. My XMP profile always has itself set to BCLK 100 when everyone elses has theirs automatically change to 125. I think I over writ it or something. I can change it to 125 but next time I switch between xmp profiles it sets back.

I am running a Rampage V Extreme with an i7 5960x with 64bit 2666mhz ram. The profile in question is the 2667 profile.

Is there a way to reset XMP profile defaults and does your BCLK get set to 125 or 100 when you select 2666mhz?
7 REPLIES 7

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Correct me if i am wrong but 100 ist the standard for ..ages.

I personally do not known of any XMP profile with 125.

I would think something is wrong if the XMP profile would set my BCLK to 125.

Rgds
Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:

Rgds
Carlyle

I seen it happen in the Linus Tech Tips video.

It happens around 7:52.

The reason this is a big deal is that if XMP profiles are overwiteable, then that would mean I messed the profile and it has saved a setting I don't know about that would mess with my overclock.

Carlyle2020 wrote:

Rgds
Carlyle

I seen it happen in the Linus Tech Tips video.

It happens around 7:52.

The reason this is a big deal is that if XMP profiles are overwiteable, then that would mean I messed the profile and it has saved a setting I don't know about that would mess with my overclock.

Carlyle2020
Level 10
That would be remedied by a Bios update to the same version.

As always do not forget that you will loose your config by doing so.

davemon50
Level 11
I've been using 125 since I installed my system. XMP on, select speed, and done (RVE10). 125 works just fine. Your increments will be different than 100 as expected. The only reason you really need to change it back (if it is already working for you at 125) is if you want to eke a little more out of your RAM. Then you might actually want a lower clock setting to get what your are seeking. Ultimately it's your combination of installed hardware that will determine your needs.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I've been using 125 since I installed my system. XMP on, select speed, and done (RVE10). 125 works just fine.

So you have to manually set the BCLK TO 125 manually in that it is not the XMP setting that sets the BCLK from 100 to 125? Or does your mobo XMP profile set the BCLK to 125 if you choose the correct timings? The op suggested that his mobo's XMP the BCLK changes it from 100 to 125, which is something that I have never seen happen with any of my Z170, Z270 and Z390 mobos. The only setting that I have seen change the BCLK to a slightly faster speed is when I've used the auto OC feature [AI OC] of my old Maximus VIII Hero Z170.

davemon50
Level 11
My XMP option defaults my machine to 125 BCLK. In my case, on setup I have changed 2 settings only: I turn on XMP2 profile, then I select my preferred RAM speed (3000) in my case. My RAM could probably go a little higher if I tuned my machine, but I have no interest, it works well for my use. I have previously set my BLCK down to 100 and run that way too. But since the system automatically selected 125 for me I use that. I am on RVE10, not RVE, and I am using the latest BIOS for it (although previous BIOS files did the same thing for me). So yours might behave differently.
Davemon50