cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL771J kb backlight not working, no ATK, no entry in Registry

Redeyez
Level 7
Hi everyone. Owner of a GL771J as well as owner of a G71 and of a G750. First post here.
On the G75 and the G750 the kb backlight stays on permanently. That is what I need to happen on the GL771.

The kb backlighting on the GL771 has never worked. The function keys F2 and F3 do show the kb light inscriptions suggesting that that was a feature of that system.
Been through quite a series of threads on this board, tried different 'fixes', none worked.

Tried the Asus Download Center, no ATK nor kb-related drivers are available. The MyAsus method offers to download a driver set for that system however I seriously wince at installing new drivers on a system working well except for that by now **extremely** frustrating kn backlight issue.

Spent more time, hours, searching the Registry with Regedit for any entry in any hive seemingly appropriate; none were found.
Wince at adding Registry keys and values manually.

I certainly will be grateful for any suggestions you can offer.

W
2 REPLIES 2

hexaae
Level 12
I see ATK Package (required for special Fn keys) at https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G771JW/HelpDesk_Download/
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Redeyez
Level 7
Hexaae, just installed that ATK package, and now have working kb keys backlit.
Many thanks, much appreciated!
Surely does help not-so-young people w not-so-young eyes. 🙂
R