cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703-GS sudden death !!!

dookooo
Level 7
Hello,

I have G703-GS for a year and half now, i was browsing the internet before i sleep and i felt sleep while the laptop was beside me, i woke up and it was at the same place, tried to power it up and i got nothing onky the charging orange led and when i press the power button for 10 seconds this orange led will turn off , i took it apart , removed the battery , the Bios battery and tried to connect AC directly , and got nothing , i am very disappointed that such a laptop that worth 3000 bucks would die suddenly, any thoughts about what can i do .

Thanks in advance
15 REPLIES 15

raju2529
Level 7
i think your laptop battery drains off , thats why its not powering on.

remove connected external devices from the laptop. keep chrging atlest 30 minutes .

then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds , then release the buttonn .
keep charging for 5 minues .then try to power on .
it will trun on now
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Hello,

I already did that , and removed the battery and tried to power it up with just the AC power adapter , but nothing happened, i have a question , does this laptop power up without a battery or it just need the battery to close the power circuit !!? , I mean do any of you think that this is a battery issue and i shall replace it, or something else like BIOS issues!!?

Thanks in advance , and i really appreciate any help

raju2529 wrote:
i think your laptop battery drains off , thats why its not powering on.

remove connected external devices from the laptop. keep chrging atlest 30 minutes .

then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds , then release the buttonn .
keep charging for 5 minues .then try to power on .
it will trun on now

dookooo
Level 7
Anyone here can help !!!

dookooo
Level 7
Hello, after almost a year , i cannot fix this laptop , if no one from ASUS can help , how can you buy such expensive laptops without quality control !!! , It is my last time to buy a laptop from ASUS .

Still your laptop does not powered on tell me.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
Still your laptop does not powered on tell me.

Yest still !!!!

did you tried with other new ac adapter .?

did your laptop is charging with ac adapter , but power does not on correct ?

raju2529 wrote:
did you tried with other new ac adapter .?

did your laptop is charging with ac adapter , but power does not on correct ?

I tested the adapter, and it is working, charging led is orange when i charge , but no power when i press power button, i tried everything , and nothing happened, is there any power scheme for this laptop motherboard the explain what else to look for , qt least when i go to repair shop they will know what to do.

Thanks for your help

from I conformed the following
1.under the power button, there is silver foil I keyboard does not properly seated on the motherboard earth path.
2. power button is damaged
3. power IC is damaged on motherboard.