cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000 new Firmware yet again

ronspitzer
Level 8
Saw yesterday that there was firmware 7997 available. I had terrible problems with 7979 and hoped that 7997 would work better. When I went to upgrade this morning when no one was using the internet I found that there was yet another version 8011 available. I upgraded to 8011 and then reset the router, configured it and started using it. I lasted about 30 minutes before it started doing the same thing as 7979 did.....No DHCP so no internet for anyone, wired or wireless. Went back to 6436 and everything works again. This is getting ridiculous. I had been in contact with ASUS on the issues and they said it must be my hardware so send them the router for repair! If it is harware why does it work perfectly on 6436? I have run for over a month on 6436 without issues, not even a restart.

I bought another AX11000 for a client and it is also stable running 6436 but does the same thing when I try to upgrade to newer firmware. This make me pretty sure that the firmware is the issue not the hardware.
17 REPLIES 17

e38BimmerFN
Level 7
Be sure to leave feedback and report this to ASUS.

ronspitzer wrote:
Saw yesterday that there was firmware 7997 available. I had terrible problems with 7979 and hoped that 7997 would work better. When I went to upgrade this morning when no one was using the internet I found that there was yet another version 8011 available. I upgraded to 8011 and then reset the router, configured it and started using it. I lasted about 30 minutes before it started doing the same thing as 7979 did.....No DHCP so no internet for anyone, wired or wireless. Went back to 6436 and everything works again. This is getting ridiculous. I had been in contact with ASUS on the issues and they said it must be my hardware so send them the router for repair! If it is harware why does it work perfectly on 6436? I have run for over a month on 6436 without issues, not even a restart.

I bought another AX11000 for a client and it is also stable running 6436 but does the same thing when I try to upgrade to newer firmware. This make me pretty sure that the firmware is the issue not the hardware.

ronspitzer
Level 8
I have been in contact with ASUS, filed feedback, sent them my config file, etc. and all they could say was send us the router for repair. Not a good option!

Wow so the new FW doesn't work, but when you down grade it does work however ASUS wants you to send the router in for repair? Someone in support doesn't know what there doing. :mad:

ronspitzer
Level 8
It is all very frustrating. I have used ASUS routers for many years and never hit this kind of issue. I guess I will just have to stay on older firmware.
I even asked if they would ship me one and when I got it I would ship mine back but they declined to do that. The 2 routers I have are less than 4 months old and both have the same issues with the new firmware but both run fine on the 6436 version.

Ya someone isn't fully testing there FW out. :rolleyes: As with many other router Mfrs I've seen over the past several years.

ronspitzer wrote:
It is all very frustrating. I have used ASUS routers for many years and never hit this kind of issue. I guess I will just have to stay on older firmware.
I even asked if they would ship me one and when I got it I would ship mine back but they declined to do that. The 2 routers I have are less than 4 months old and both have the same issues with the new firmware but both run fine on the 6436 version.

Hello, have the same issue, stable work only on 3.0.0.4.384_6436-g6d47c51, anyone found a solution or explanation from ASUS when they plan to fix it?

The last firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675 solved my problems.

illofspeed wrote:
The last firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675 solved my problems.

I update to the 9165 two days ago and it has disconnected me twice over the two days.
I am pretty pissed with this router nothing but problems and ASUS will not reply to my emails for support.

ronspitzer wrote:

Hi! I've just found this thread and I was wondering is there any other firmware version stable Â*like the 6436? Currently what I'm using is the 41700 and experiencing rebooting randomly. Thanks!