cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus F571GT Ram Size?

leon555
Level 7
Hello Everyone!

this is my first ever online Thread and im from germany, so dont expect to much details, but my Question is, and i cant find a answer anywhere, cause i cant really find this Laptop anywhere, does this Laptop has a 8GB build in RAM, or a 4GB build in Ram? and what exact Speed does the Build in Ram stick have?

Best wishes

Leon Bonde
3 REPLIES 3

leon555
Level 7
leon555 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

this is my first ever online Thread and im from germany, so dont expect to much details, but my Question is, and i cant find a answer anywhere, cause i cant really find this Laptop anywhere, does this Laptop has a 8GB build in RAM, or a 4GB build in Ram? and what exact Speed does the Build in Ram stick have?

Best wishes

Leon Bonde

Oh sorry everyone, here is the Link and its a German Page so dont wonder 🙂

https://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/asus/pdp/1cah-096/asus-vivobook-15-schwarz-15...

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, not familiar with the F571GT , but if you don't mind, send me a private message at cl-albert with your notebook serial number to check into it more.

Otherwise, if you haven't already and think it's a good idea, consider asking your reseller or local ASUS support.
If you're planning to upgrade the memory yourself and will not get into any trouble, consider opening up your unit to check if the memory slot is empty or not.

I recently opened a F571GT-BQ379 to check the RAM type and possibilities. By specifications, the maximum RAM size is 16GB and it comes with 8GB. The specifications for exactly this model variant stated that 4GB are soldered on and 4GB are in the expansion slot.

Luckily I found out this is wrong. :cool:

Linux commands lshw -C memory and dmidecode -t memory as well as the great Windows tool CPU-Z by CPUID reported that one RAM module of 8GB is installed and it is true, this is the soldered RAM and the expension slot is empty.

I have ordered an 8GB module, should arrive next week. If anyone is interested, I can report if it works fine and the exact description. Any DDR4 SODIMM (synchronous 1.2V DRAM) with at least 2400 MHz should work. The soldered on RAM has CAS Latency 17 (on this board) so the new RAM should also have CL17 or less.