cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570-F Gaming Motherboard Power Connections

CVS428
Level 7
Greetings all!

I am confused as to which power connections to use on this motherboard. The manual is not clear whether I am to use both the 25pin connection AND the 8pin connection, with the option to use the additional 4pin connection, or, just the 25pin OR just the 8pin connection with the option to use the 4pin.

Thanks for your assistance with my query!

CVS428
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Connect them all. As a minimum you must connect the 25 and 8, and the 4 is sometimes not needed depending on your components and overclocking configurations, but it sometimes helps and never hurts. So basically connect them all. The larger power supplies have two 8 pin connectors that are 4+4 (they split), so you can break them apart for this purpose.
Davemon50

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, my modular power supply did not ship an 8pin/8pin cable, only 8pin/double 4pin. I will need to purchase an 8/8. Are these cables generally the same throughout the industry?

CVS428

davemon50
Level 11
They are not 8/8, two separate cables that are both 8 pin 12V cables. They split into 4+4, so essentially 16 pins available. If you aren't overclocking you are fine with just 8 pin + 25. Basically the extra 4 gives you more power to the board for high electrical demands. What model and size is your power supply?
Davemon50