cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Radar II failure

Boze_Papa
Level 7
Hi,

I am a deaf gamer and would like to use sonic radar to interpret directions of sound. To get sonic radar I have downloaded the realtek drivers via the ASUS website. This download folder includes sonic radar II. Sonic Radar II is installed on my pc. However it does not detect sound. It does show me the circle/radar. But if I run a test there is no pointer in the radar. I think the program does not detect sound on my pc. Is someone here who had the same problem and had fix this? If yes how can I fix this.

Ps. Sonic Radar III is not supported on my device, which is also a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Boze Papa
2 REPLIES 2

TheMajekalBum
Level 8
I bought a centurion headset and got it yesterday. The bundled software(ASUS ROG 7.1) included sonic radar pro and I made sure it was working. Just opened the software up and checked without the headset base station plugged in and it didn't show anything. It did show direction after plugging the base station in.

Sucks to say but I think you may need compatible 7.1 channel surround sound hardware plugged in before it will work.

DSD27
Level 7
The program works with stereo, it detects the sound, but you need to select 7.1 in realtek for it to display 360 degrees. If you're not having any response on the program, then it's really not working, there may be something wrong.. check if you have "disable all enhancements" checked in the speakers settings, if so, unckeck it.
Mine still works on my VI Hero.