New ROGer Array

Problem with the fans on a G531GW Hero III

The fans on my laptop are running for about 10 to 20 seconds and then they stop for about 10 to 30 seconds and then they run again for another 10 to 20 seconds and this process repeats, why is this happening?

New ROGer Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by II_OcTavian_II View Post
    The fans on my laptop are running for about 10 to 20 seconds and then they stop for about 10 to 30 seconds and then they run again for another 10 to 20 seconds and this process repeats, why is this happening?
    This happens to me as well on an Strix Scar 2 GL-704GW. In Armoury Crate, it shows fans usage as 0 RPM. This happens on all fan settings, even if I switch to manual and set both at 0%.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RasheedAZ View Post
    This happens to me as well on an Strix Scar 2 GL-704GW. In Armoury Crate, it shows fans usage as 0 RPM. This happens on all fan settings, even if I switch to manual and set both at 0%.
    Did you ever find a solution?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by II_OcTavian_II View Post
    Did you ever find a solution?
    Hmm.. While I was running a game yesterday, I noticed the fans were working properly, Armoury Crate was giving correct RPM, and switching profiles let me control the fans speed. And then after gaming, it's appears to continue working right today...

Maybe the fix had something to do with the updates to Armoury Crate I installed yesterday - only I had to run a game for it to kick in...?

New ROGer Array

man this is weird wish there was a clear fix