cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gl704gw aura light bar and logo rapidly blinking after update

Jimmeh
Level 7
hey guys, after updating my armoury crate service which updated my aura core, the lightbar at the front and the logo on the back of the monitor are flashing rapidly. Nothing i can do seems to fix this, I have disabled them for now.

Is there a fix to this, or should i just rollback the drivers?
Remove/re-install armoury crate and all associated aura services?
I am also getting a repetitive update popping up all the time (HAL 2.3.12.0 2020/1/10)
I update it, it pops straight back up

thanks for the help guys
2 REPLIES 2

hexaae
Level 12
One suggestion: if everything was working fine and stable, DO NEVER UPGRADE Crate or AURA services. They are incredibly buggy and with every new version new bugs arise. ASUS also seem not to care of user feedback on their software.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
One suggestion: if everything was working fine and stable, DO NEVER UPGRADE Crate or AURA services. They are incredibly buggy and with every new version new bugs arise. ASUS also seem not to care of user feedback on their software.

Completely agree. when i bought m STRIX G Gaming laptop everything seemed fine at the start then something happened and had issues ever since. Laptop even travelled to their repair centres 3 times and still to this day i am having constant issues with it.
Software is ridiculously bad and Asus should be sorting this out but they don't care.