cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (Wi-Fi) x570 no boot any Nvidia Card

Azzitude
Level 8
so I have 2 of these boards and neither will boot now with Any Nvidia board (780ti,1080, 1080ti, 1660,2060 Super) ...AMD boards all day tho (570,580,5500xt,5700xt) all boot fine

Latest Bios yada yada etc .... post shows 02 and thats it

reset cmos, even changed cpu's around and nuthin, nada-zip

any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Pahani
Level 9
Brand-new build, doing pre-testing on my table before assembly. Same trouble, C8H fails to complete POST and hangs at Q-code 02 with a green LED.

Happened with both stock BIOS (whatever Version it was, as I was never able to POST) and V1301 which updated successfully.

Tried both new 2070 for this build, and a good 780 from my previous machine. I don't have an AMD card to test with. Many other troubleshooting possibilities tried. Head scratcher.

Pahani wrote:
Happened with both stock BIOS (whatever Version it was, as I was never able to POST) and V1301 which updated successfully.

Current version is 1302 https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Did you connect 8+4 Pin Connector TOP Left of motherboard. I have a CH8, 3900x / 2080ti and functions on all the bios since launch (not that this helps, just saying it isn't nvidia thing, so don't need amd card to test with).

RedSector73 wrote:
Current version is 1302 https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Did you connect 8+4 Pin Connector TOP Left of motherboard. I have a CH8, 3900x / 2080ti and functions on all the bios since launch (not that this helps, just saying it isn't nvidia thing, so don't need amd card to test with).

Whoops, I misspoke, sorry...yes, 1302 was the BIOS I flashed to on my final attempt.

Power connections are CPU 8-pin (didn't connect the extra 4-pin, thought it was optional), 24-pin, and 2X 8-pin for GPU.

I'm using a brand-new and good quality DP cable from Kabeldirekt. Monitor wakes, then goes back to sleep.

I'm stumped LOL.

Pahani wrote:
Whoops, I misspoke, sorry...yes, 1302 was the BIOS I flashed to on my final attempt.

Power connections are CPU 8-pin (didn't connect the extra 4-pin, thought it was optional), 24-pin, and 2X 8-pin for GPU.

I'm using a brand-new and good quality DP cable from Kabeldirekt. Monitor wakes, then goes back to sleep.

I'm stumped LOL.

the problem is not the DP cable.
I think, because CSM settings are disabled and this legacy only. You have to change it to enable, and make sure legacy and Uefi.

Athalayogi wrote:
the problem is not the DP cable.
I think, because CSM settings are disabled and this legacy only. You have to change it to enable, and make sure legacy and Uefi.

csm is not the problem .... mine is off and works fine ..... it has something to do with signaling between the card and monitor

I can trace this back now to a firmware update that Corsair iCUE did on the cooler that caused this problem and that cooler has issues on any board it's put on now

Azzitude wrote:
csm is not the problem .... mine is off and works fine ..... it has something to do with signaling between the card and monitor

I can trace this back now to a firmware update that Corsair iCUE did on the cooler that caused this problem and that cooler has issues on any board it's put on now

bootlop or no boot at all?
because i have x570-e and gtx 980, and I have same problem, I turn on and the display does not appear on the monitor, then I replace with hdmi and the display appears, then I change to Dp cable and enable csm, and I can boot normally now.

Pahani wrote:
Brand-new build, doing pre-testing on my table before assembly. Same trouble, C8H fails to complete POST and hangs at Q-code 02 with a green LED.

Tried both new 2070 for this build, and a good 780 from my previous machine. I don't have an AMD card to test with. Many other troubleshooting possibilities tried. Head scratcher.

Try DP or change your HDMI Cable out .... Mine works now on DP

Azzitude
Level 8
Mine is fixed, HDMI is the problem ...... I went to DP and up it came .... could be the cable and I have a new one but DP is working fine for me so why change it?