cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RGB lighting

Archmaxy
Level 7
Hi all,

So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

I am experiencing a problem however.

Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!
13 REPLIES 13

revealed
Level 9
Archmaxy wrote:
Hi all,
I have attached this Youtube link: ....
Here you can see ....

No, it is set to private.
I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone? Or at least it should be much more recent as it receives frequent updates as far as i can see.

revealed wrote:
No, it is set to private.
I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone?

I adjusted the video! You can watch it now.

I will download Armory Crate and try it out. Thank you.

So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.

Archmaxy wrote:
So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.

Isnt it "rainbow" with 1 tick more speed? Im not quite sure.... do you have an additional RGB controller connected? I see what you mean, and yea i feel like i do not have the exact same effect automatically but when i select rainbow effect and make and add 1 tick of speed to it, it looks quite similar.... i mean when you add a little bit speed it looks a bit like a wave would go through the rainbow effect. Maybe switching the color patterns brings you closer to it? The settings for the rainbow effect should pop up on the right hand side once you selected it.

Theres like ... idk 256 colors (lol)?, red to black, blue to red, yellow to red, yellow blue yellow, .... etc... thats probably sort of default startup RGB fire.... ?

I attached a screenshot, try that. Sorry my UI is in german language but you can just click rainbow, put the slider there and set the dropdown menu's contained color pattern as i do. That close enough?

Ofcourse at some point the software seems to take over RGB control after startup process of the computer.

PS.: lol i just figured the Aura creator isnt working at all for me. When i add a sequence to a layer and hit play, the lights shut. And funny enough the software is not excluded from the geforce expirience overlay. And the forums locale seems messed. What does "Miniatura de Adjuntos" mean?

piotrl
Level 7
Archmaxy wrote:
Hi all,

So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

I am experiencing a problem however.

Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!

I have the same error on Z370-F gaming. Did you fix it?

piotrl wrote:
I have the same error on Z370-F gaming. Did you fix it?

I'd also like to know. I have an X570-E which is static red when the pc starts until I reach windows, then armoury crate takes over and it switches to blue and green.

I'd even be happy with just static blue when it loads but red looks horrible in my opinion.

I've reinstalled w10 from scratch, switched off Aura in the bios, uninstalled armoury crate, re-enabled bios, reinstalled armoury crate... But... Still red when the pc starts.

Can anyone help please?

I think it is by default there is nothing to be done, i noticed this when i was playing some racing games, all of a sudden it starting generating weird color pattern.

dianaminter93 wrote:
I think it is by default there is nothing to be done, i noticed this when i was playing some racing games, all of a sudden it starting generating weird color pattern.

Thanks for your response and especially for registering on these forums to do that.

I've figured out a work around but I have no idea how this has caused it's result:
I upgraded the BIOS version and since then, instead of being static red, it gives the rainbow effect when booting. I still can't change it but I'm just glad it's better than red :). Hope that works for you and other people if they get the same issue.

Alan wrote:
Thanks for your response and especially for registering on these forums to do that.

I've figured out a work around but I have no idea how this has caused it's result:
I upgraded the BIOS version and since then, instead of being static red, it gives the rainbow effect when booting. I still can't change it but I'm just glad it's better than red :). Hope that works for you and other people if they get the same issue.

Well before latest update to BIOS, go to Armoury Crate and set any static Color you want, then change it to what ever you want (rainbow, Stars or profile from aura crate.

It will boot in static color you choose, then switch to the multicolor after windows starts.
But after latest BIOS update its stuck in rainbow.

Asus's Devs why keep fixing something and break another ?