Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Problem with RGB lighting

    Hi all,

    So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

    I am experiencing a problem however.

    Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

    I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

    Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

    What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

    Thanks in advance everyone!

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array revealed PC Specs
    revealed PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900 k
    Memory (part number)4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Mhz (F4-3200C16-8GTZR) = 32 GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING
    Sound CardOnboard
    Monitor2x Omen by HP 27 Display (gsync)
    Storage #1NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    Storage #2NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAsetek 570LXL 240 M
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X (RGB, tempered glas)
    Power Supply1000 Watt be quiet!
    Keyboard Roccat Horde AIMO
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon Fireglider Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAVM
    Accessory #1 Lian Li Strimer RGB cable 24 Pin 20 cm
    Accessory #2 GMX RL-300 Rainbow RGB Fans, Set of 3 pcs. 120 mm
    Accessory #3 Phantecs PCI-E riser for vertical GPU mount.
    revealed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by Archmaxy View Post
    Hi all,
    ....
    I have attached this Youtube link: ....
    ....
    Here you can see ....
    No, it is set to private.
    I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

    Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone? Or at least it should be much more recent as it receives frequent updates as far as i can see.
    Last edited by revealed; 03-30-2020 at 02:47 PM.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by revealed View Post
    No, it is set to private.
    I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

    Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone?

    I adjusted the video! You can watch it now.

    I will download Armory Crate and try it out. Thank you.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

    As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

    Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array revealed PC Specs
    revealed PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900 k
    Memory (part number)4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Mhz (F4-3200C16-8GTZR) = 32 GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING
    Sound CardOnboard
    Monitor2x Omen by HP 27 Display (gsync)
    Storage #1NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    Storage #2NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAsetek 570LXL 240 M
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X (RGB, tempered glas)
    Power Supply1000 Watt be quiet!
    Keyboard Roccat Horde AIMO
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon Fireglider Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAVM
    Accessory #1 Lian Li Strimer RGB cable 24 Pin 20 cm
    Accessory #2 GMX RL-300 Rainbow RGB Fans, Set of 3 pcs. 120 mm
    Accessory #3 Phantecs PCI-E riser for vertical GPU mount.
    revealed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by Archmaxy View Post
    So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

    As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

    Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.
    Isnt it "rainbow" with 1 tick more speed? Im not quite sure.... do you have an additional RGB controller connected? I see what you mean, and yea i feel like i do not have the exact same effect automatically but when i select rainbow effect and make and add 1 tick of speed to it, it looks quite similar.... i mean when you add a little bit speed it looks a bit like a wave would go through the rainbow effect. Maybe switching the color patterns brings you closer to it? The settings for the rainbow effect should pop up on the right hand side once you selected it.

    Theres like ... idk 256 colors (lol)?, red to black, blue to red, yellow to red, yellow blue yellow, .... etc... thats probably sort of default startup RGB fire.... ?

    I attached a screenshot, try that. Sorry my UI is in german language but you can just click rainbow, put the slider there and set the dropdown menu's contained color pattern as i do. That close enough?

    Ofcourse at some point the software seems to take over RGB control after startup process of the computer.

    PS.: lol i just figured the Aura creator isnt working at all for me. When i add a sequence to a layer and hit play, the lights shut. And funny enough the software is not excluded from the geforce expirience overlay. And the forums locale seems messed. What does "Miniatura de Adjuntos" mean?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos setting.JPG  

    Last edited by revealed; 04-01-2020 at 12:11 AM.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Archmaxy View Post
    Hi all,

    So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

    I am experiencing a problem however.

    Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

    I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

    Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

    What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

    Thanks in advance everyone!
    I have the same error on Z370-F gaming. Did you fix it?

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array Alan PC Specs
    Alan PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E
    ProcessorAMD 5900X
    Memory (part number)32GB 3600Mhz CL14 (TDPPD416G3600HC14CDC01)
    Graphics Card #1Hunting since November but no luck in the UK yet for:
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC
    Monitor8 connected as monitors: 4k OLED, HD touchscreen, raspberry pi screen, 3 tablets & phone
    Storage #12x 1TB Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVME M.2 2280
    Storage #24TB Seagate IronWolf Pro HDD ST4000NE001
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken z93
    CaseAntec DA601
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 channels into 3 wearable haptic feedback devices + 7 subs, 11 mid range & 11 tweeters.
    OS Windows 10
    Network Router600 Mbs connection
    Accessory #1 Spaceship sim for Elite Dangerous.
    Accessory #2 HOTAS, haptic feedback & screens attached to chair
    Accessory #3 Pedals, headtracker & VR
    Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    36

    Quote Originally Posted by piotrl View Post
    I have the same error on Z370-F gaming. Did you fix it?
    I'd also like to know. I have an X570-E which is static red when the pc starts until I reach windows, then armoury crate takes over and it switches to blue and green.

    I'd even be happy with just static blue when it loads but red looks horrible in my opinion.

    I've reinstalled w10 from scratch, switched off Aura in the bios, uninstalled armoury crate, re-enabled bios, reinstalled armoury crate... But... Still red when the pc starts.

    Can anyone help please?

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I think it is

    I think it is by default there is nothing to be done, i noticed this when i was playing some racing games, all of a sudden it starting generating weird color pattern.

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array Alan PC Specs
    Alan PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E
    ProcessorAMD 5900X
    Memory (part number)32GB 3600Mhz CL14 (TDPPD416G3600HC14CDC01)
    Graphics Card #1Hunting since November but no luck in the UK yet for:
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC
    Monitor8 connected as monitors: 4k OLED, HD touchscreen, raspberry pi screen, 3 tablets & phone
    Storage #12x 1TB Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVME M.2 2280
    Storage #24TB Seagate IronWolf Pro HDD ST4000NE001
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken z93
    CaseAntec DA601
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Headset/Speakers 7.1 channels into 3 wearable haptic feedback devices + 7 subs, 11 mid range & 11 tweeters.
    OS Windows 10
    Network Router600 Mbs connection
    Accessory #1 Spaceship sim for Elite Dangerous.
    Accessory #2 HOTAS, haptic feedback & screens attached to chair
    Accessory #3 Pedals, headtracker & VR
    Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    36

    Quote Originally Posted by dianaminter93 View Post
    I think it is by default there is nothing to be done, i noticed this when i was playing some racing games, all of a sudden it starting generating weird color pattern.
    Thanks for your response and especially for registering on these forums to do that.

    I've figured out a work around but I have no idea how this has caused it's result:
    I upgraded the BIOS version and since then, instead of being static red, it gives the rainbow effect when booting. I still can't change it but I'm just glad it's better than red . Hope that works for you and other people if they get the same issue.
    Last edited by Alan; 03-11-2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array MJr418 PC Specs
    MJr418 PC Specs
    MotherboardPrime x570-p
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)4 x 8gb Vengeance pro RGB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 970
    MonitorDual LG 24"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo
    CPU CoolerCM 212 Hyper BE RGB
    Casenot branded case
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower
    Keyboard Logitech G815
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G pro
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Stereo Speakers
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 aRGB Fans
    Accessory #2 aRGB Strip

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks for your response and especially for registering on these forums to do that.

    I've figured out a work around but I have no idea how this has caused it's result:
    I upgraded the BIOS version and since then, instead of being static red, it gives the rainbow effect when booting. I still can't change it but I'm just glad it's better than red . Hope that works for you and other people if they get the same issue.
    Well before latest update to BIOS, go to Armoury Crate and set any static Color you want, then change it to what ever you want (rainbow, Stars or profile from aura crate.

    It will boot in static color you choose, then switch to the multicolor after windows starts.
    But after latest BIOS update its stuck in rainbow.

    Asus's Devs why keep fixing something and break another ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •