New ROGer Array

Problem with RGB lighting

Hi all,

So I am proud to own an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING motherboard with all the the lovely RGB options. I am using a Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA200M case, which has an RGB compatible fan at the back and 2 beautiful "matte" rgb stripes at the front.

I am experiencing a problem however.

Whenever I boot up my pc, the color scheme on the RGB lighting is different. I boot up my pc, it starts the rgb in the lovely colors, but when I come to my login screen, it changes the color scheme to something I do not want. I don't know how to get it work like I want. I have been experiencing this problem for a short while now, not since I bought my pc.

I have attached this Youtube link: https://youtu.be/BQAYTTzz_bA

Here you can see what happens when it starts up and when I get to the login screen.

What I want, is the beautiful rainbow-like stuff happening at the beginning, not the slow dual-color cycle that keeps happening. Asus AURA Sync doesn't seem to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!

New ROGer Array revealed PC Specs
    revealed PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900 k
    Memory (part number)4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Mhz (F4-3200C16-8GTZR) = 32 GB
    Graphics Card #1msi Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming Z 8G
    Sound CardOnboard
    Monitor2x Omen by HP 27 Display (gsync)
    Storage #1NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    Storage #2NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAsetek 570LXL 240 M
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X (RGB, tempered glas)
    Power Supply650 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 Modular 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Roccat Horde AIMO
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon Fireglider Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAVM
    Accessory #1 Lian Li Strimer RGB cable 24 Pin 20 cm
    Accessory #2 GMX RL-300 Rainbow RGB Fans, Set of 3 pcs. 120 mm
    Accessory #3 Phantecs PCI-E riser for vertical GPU mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmaxy View Post
    Hi all,
    I have attached this Youtube link: ....
    Here you can see ....
    No, it is set to private.
    I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone? Or at least it should be much more recent as it receives frequent updates as far as i can see.
    Last edited by revealed; 03-30-2020 at 02:47 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by revealed View Post
    No, it is set to private.
    I have the same board. Did you try out the effects in Aura sync which is the one you want to have? I asume it is rainbow without watching your video. Normally it should help if you simply hit that triangle symbol in the Armoury Crate software and select rainbow then?

Ah yea seems you would need to uninstall aura sync and switch to the Armoury Crate instead to have the things i talked about even. This has sort of integrated Aura Sync, not the old fashioned it seems. I don't get it properly too. But as far as i understand Armoury Crate is supposed to sort of superseed the old fashioned Aura Sync standalone?

I adjusted the video! You can watch it now.

I will download Armory Crate and try it out. Thank you.

New ROGer Array

So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.

New ROGer Array revealed PC Specs
    revealed PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900 k
    Memory (part number)4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Mhz (F4-3200C16-8GTZR) = 32 GB
    Graphics Card #1msi Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming Z 8G
    Sound CardOnboard
    Monitor2x Omen by HP 27 Display (gsync)
    Storage #1NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    Storage #2NVMe 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
    CPU CoolerAsetek 570LXL 240 M
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X (RGB, tempered glas)
    Power Supply650 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 Modular 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Roccat Horde AIMO
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon Fireglider Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAVM
    Accessory #1 Lian Li Strimer RGB cable 24 Pin 20 cm
    Accessory #2 GMX RL-300 Rainbow RGB Fans, Set of 3 pcs. 120 mm
    Accessory #3 Phantecs PCI-E riser for vertical GPU mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmaxy View Post
    So turned out I already had Armoury Crate. I used it and the effect is now better, but still different from when I boot up my pc.

As it's now, when idling, it has the better rainbow effect, but it seems like the lights are much wider then when it's booting up. It's almost like when booting up, there are less lights at a time displaying a single color, so the rainbow effect is much more colours at the same time and seem more intense.

Do you understand what I mean? So it's better now, but it needs to get even better.
    Isnt it "rainbow" with 1 tick more speed? Im not quite sure.... do you have an additional RGB controller connected? I see what you mean, and yea i feel like i do not have the exact same effect automatically but when i select rainbow effect and make and add 1 tick of speed to it, it looks quite similar.... i mean when you add a little bit speed it looks a bit like a wave would go through the rainbow effect. Maybe switching the color patterns brings you closer to it? The settings for the rainbow effect should pop up on the right hand side once you selected it.

Theres like ... idk 256 colors (lol)?, red to black, blue to red, yellow to red, yellow blue yellow, .... etc... thats probably sort of default startup RGB fire.... ?

I attached a screenshot, try that. Sorry my UI is in german language but you can just click rainbow, put the slider there and set the dropdown menu's contained color pattern as i do. That close enough?

Ofcourse at some point the software seems to take over RGB control after startup process of the computer.

PS.: lol i just figured the Aura creator isnt working at all for me. When i add a sequence to a layer and hit play, the lights shut. And funny enough the software is not excluded from the geforce expirience overlay. And the forums locale seems messed. What does "Miniatura de Adjuntos" mean?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos setting.JPG  

Last edited by revealed; 04-01-2020 at 12:11 AM.