cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme + i7-5960x: Ram @3.000 failed

Michelle_Br
Level 7
Hi @ all 🙂
At first - i´m from Germany and my English is´nt so good. So i hope, you can understand me. *smiling

I´m a new user of that combination and i did not have any experiences with overclocking that way. I tried to set my new Ram @ 3.000MHz - but nothing makes it possible. I built in some new Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x 8GB @3.000). I tried several things .... setting the Ram to XMP, CPU-voltage, cache voltage, BCLK, Ram voltage to 1,35v - but no combination seems to work. UEFI is the newest.

If i try only a dual combination - than the Ram is running @3.000 - but not with 4 Rams.

Could you tell me which settings i should try, please? You have more experiences than me and so i hope, we can make it running.
CPU is @3GHz now. 4GHz are enaugh for me for the CPU.

Could you help me, please? 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle_Br
Level 7
Is there nobody who could help me, please?
😮

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hello 🙂

If I were you I would actually try an older BIOS...the last of the 2xxx series...2001 2101

What memory part number exactly? A single quad channel kit?

maybe tune SA voltage....what is the board setting at XMP....

what BCLK 100 0r 125...

Hi and thank you very much for answering.
🙂

I had no time the last few days.

Why an older BIOS?? Mostly the recommandation is to use the newest BIOS?

The Rams are 2 Double-Sets
CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

..... which are running for each other @3.000 with XMP activated.
If i plug-in every 4 pieces and set to XMP - BCLK is @125 and the board tries to test several adjustments - but than nothing happens. I´ve to press Ram-OK - than it is possible to go into the BIOS.

SA voltage ....
What amount is maximum possible?

Sorry for my bad English ......

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well mixing kits can give a lot of problems https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

That said you would probably be best to try to set the kits up manually....not using XMP profile.

The older BIOS recommendation is personal experience....2XXX bios were more Haswell E friendly

I would use 100 BCLK set frequency and primary timings manually

Maybe use 1.4 Dram voltage....1.2 or 1.25 VCCSA....1.15...1.2v VCCIO

In DIGI+ section increase current cap and put phases on optimised or extreme

raju2529
Level 7
[QUOTE=Michelle_Br;
firstly i dont have your motherboard model , did you inserted recommended model brand frequency by motherbaord model ,
read the motherbaord manul and user guide for suitable configurations. There are many advanced configurations settings are available in few motherbaords , in the sameway only few brand RAM modules are compatble with those motherbaord.

I am not techie , but i have some basic knowledge.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

@Arne
I´ll test that the next few days. I tried several settings but i do not know exactly, which amounts i had have.

older BIOS .....
I thought the Ram compatibility is better from version to version .... for instance?

@raju2529
The question for recommended memory modules comes so often - but that board is several years old and the manifacturers do not actual the Ram list often - only at the beginning of the life cycle.
That means the customer have to test it.
Forget the manual - such things are not listed in the manual, because it is overclocking.
😉

I read that Rams with Samsung DIE should be the best - but that is the problem. If you take one model with the same Id, you could never be save, that the manifacturer will not chance the chips without any information.

I read also, that Micron DIE´s are very fast - but not for the Rampage V Extreme so good. It´stotally stupid.....

I´ve got 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (F4-3200C14D-16GVR), which have Samsung - DIE´s ... at first i´ld have some HyperX Predator RGB, because my former experience with Kingston was very good - but that pieces never run.....
😞

My problem is, i do not have enaugh money and had to buy older Rams from former users .....