cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing Windows 10 on ROG Strix GL10CS

Kid_Creation
Level 7
I am putting a new HD into my pc and need help installing Windows 10. I have created the USB bootable with Fat32 correctly and disabled security but there is no options on my bios to disable CSM Support. So my pc never boots to the USB for installation. Someone please help me with info on how to install Windows 10.
46 REPLIES 46

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

The 'Launch CSM' setting would be used for Windows 7, so you don't need to worry about it for Windows 10 and it's not the reason your bootable USB drive isn't working.

You can either tap 'F8' after you power on to see the boot menu and select your bootable USB drive or enter the bios to change the boot order if you haven't already.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

The 'Launch CSM' setting would be used for Windows 7, so you don't need to worry about it for Windows 10 and it's not the reason your bootable USB drive isn't working.

You can either tap 'F8' after you power on to see the boot menu and select your bootable USB drive or enter the bios to change the boot order if you haven't already.

Done that. I even installed Windows 10 from the same usb device on a different Asus PC without any problem. I held esc and chose the boot device - held F2 went into bios and launched from boot menu and yes I have made the USB the first boot device. It just keeps ignoring it.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Kid_Creation wrote:
Done that. I even installed Windows 10 from the same usb device on a different Asus PC without any problem. I held esc and chose the boot device - held F2 went into bios and launched from boot menu and yes I have made the USB the first boot device. It just keeps ignoring it.

Notebooks use 'ESC' for the boot menu, but desktops use 'F8', so if you want to see the boot menu, use 'F8', but you can just set the boot priority in the bios too.

If the boot menu and bios recognize your USB drive, it could be that no hard drives are detected by the system, or Windows doesn't recognize the partitions (you didn't have Linux on there before did you? You may need to delete all the partitions or reformat the hard drive to NTFS and try it again).

You can check your hard drive in the bios under the 'advanced' menu to make sure it's detected, otherwise, re-check the cables and the drive, or maybe stick back your original hard drive to confirm the USB drive boots in this situation at least (you can just quit the installation at this point of course and try to figure out what is going on with your other hard drive).

OK let me start from the beginning.
My PC hit the blue screen of death out of no where.
I wasn't doing any editing on my videos software or anything major.
I was just watching netflix.
I am not sure if a windows update had just happened and caused it to crash or not.
But it just kept looping blue screen.
These are the Stop codes that I received.
And I have googled all of them and since most of them need you to get into windows to run scan disk checks and memory diagnostics, I can't fix them. Becuase I can't get into windows or even in safemode of windows.
Stop code:
KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
SYSTEM PTE MISUSE
KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA
PFN LIST CORRUPT
MEMORY MANAGEMENT
Wdf01000.sys
usx01000.sys

So I removed my Hard Disk all together and put a new one in and tried to install a fresh copy of windows 10
I use Rufus 3.9
Partition scheme GPT
Target system UEFI (non CSM)
File system Large FAT32
I used the same USB disk to install a fresh copy of Windows on my ASUS laptop with no problem.
So I know it works.

Like I said I have the ROG STRIX GL10CS. It is a tower and not a laptop.
I have removed the RTX video card to get to the bios battery to remove it and uplug the pc to hold the power button for 30 seconds. I have removed all peripherals and tried to boot up that way. I have tried with secure boot disabled. Fast boot disabled. I have tried every geek trick in the book that I know and could find on google. And now I have been without my pc for a week. Not to happy I had to wait 24 hours just to use this forum, but I am hoping someone has some info that may help. Thanks

use rufus 3.9 software , but choose format as NTFS , not fat32 , keep UEFI mode.

in bbios , disable secureboot , keep fastboot disabled , save and exit .
go to boot menu , choose uefi pendrive , click to proceed..

if you not formatted old windows , then boot with same usbpendrive, choose repair , go to command prompt ,
type notepad.exe
click open
browse below location
C:\windows\system32\drivers\

at bottom choose all files in notepad

now find acpi.sys

click to delete that file , once deleted means , conform it agian .

then remove usbpendrive , boot as normal .if windows is successfully booted , after i will give some settings to do

if windows is already fomatted means,
go to boot menu , choose uefi pendrive , click to proceed., install the windows as normal method.

i waiting for your reply .

one two methods are , those are advanced , only few users will use , including me
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
use rufus 3.9 software , but choose format as NTFS , not fat32 , keep UEFI mode.

in bbios , disable secureboot , keep fastboot disabled , save and exit .
go to boot menu , choose uefi pendrive , click to proceed..

if you not formatted old windows , then boot with same usbpendrive, choose repair , go to command prompt ,
type notepad.exe
click open
browse below location
C:\windows\system32\drivers\

at bottom choose all files in notepad

now find acpi.sys

click to delete that file , once deleted means , conform it agian .

then remove usbpendrive , boot as normal .if windows is successfully booted , after i will give some settings to do

if windows is already fomatted means,
go to boot menu , choose uefi pendrive , click to proceed., install the windows as normal method.

i waiting for your reply .

one two methods are , those are advanced , only few users will use , including me

I have tried it with secure boot disabled. With Secure boot enabled. With Legacy disabled. With Legacy enabled. I have tried it with Fast Boot disabled. And all the options that the internet has to offer. I have restored default settings and tried it with the rufis boot usb with Fat32 and then done all those settings one at a time and then two at a time and then all 3. Then I have created the boot disc with the Media Creation Tool. And tried every possible version of those settings.

There is no repair options. There is nothing. I cannot boot to Windows or Windows install. It just bypasses the USB no matter how I try. Weather it's making it the first bootable disk or go directly to the boot menu and choosing it or hitting esc while booting and then choosing it. I even tried flashing it. But it says it is not a EUIF file. I am asuming because its not a bios update file. LOL
Anyway it just keeps looping to the blue screen then rebooting until it just stops on one blue screen.

i told you to carete NTFS format to usbpendrive.

before replied , i was created successfully , i was tested on my own laptop with disabled secureboot , no csm .
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
i told you to carete NTFS format to usbpendrive.

before replied , i was created successfully , i was tested on my own laptop with disabled secureboot , no csm .

I tried that too. I tried Windows 7 and I tried the old school Hirens. My pc just goes right past the USB and straight tot he BSOD

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Kid_Creation wrote:
I am putting a new HD into my pc and need help installing Windows 10. I have created the USB bootable with Fat32 correctly and disabled security but there is no options on my bios to disable CSM Support. So my pc never boots to the USB for installation. Someone please help me with info on how to install Windows 10.

Don't disable secure Boot unless the Wim file is over 4GB. If you had the Windows 10 Media creator make your USB install media then no need to disable secure boot. If you downloaded windows 10 from elsewhere then use Rufus. Rufus will let you know if secure boot needs to be temporarily turned off. Whatever you do, do not turn on CSM unless you have ancient boot devices or you are booting in to a DOS environment. If you want to dual boot then you can tell secure boot to other OSes instead of just Windows.

CSM settings are usually in the Boot menu.