cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme - Anyone experience this?

mrripfrog
Level 7
Greetings!

I have used this build since Aug 2016 and it's been solid. Recently and randomly, the computer shuts itself down. When I power it back up, I get this error;

CPU Fan speed error detected.
Ensure to install the CPU fan properly on to the CPU_FAN header
or adjust/disable the Fan Speed Low Limit option in UEFI.
Press F1 to Run SETUP

Sometime it would continue to shut itself off until I press the CMOS reset button. Once I'm able to enter BIOS and set the CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit to IGNORE, everything seems to go back to normal until it happens again.

Just yesterday the system randomly shut itself off while sitting idle. This time I received the same error as before except it also had

CPU Over Temperature Error!

I pressed the reset CMOS button and entered the BIOS and set the CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit back to IGNORE and was able to start Windows again.

I ran IntelBurn Test while monitoring with HWiNFO64 and the CPU temps get a little high because of the overclock, but it seems nice and stable.

Has anyone else experienced this continuous / intermittent problem? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Rampage V Extreme - Bios version 3902
i7-6900K - Corsair Hydro H110i
GSKILL Ripjaws V - DDR4/2800 (8GBx4)
EVGA GTX 1080
950 Pro M.2 OS Drive
EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 Watts
Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
i7-6900K - Corsair Hydro H110i

You might need to reapply paste.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:

You might need to reapply paste.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a shot. But it is strange that it seems stable currently... :rolleyes: